- "Rise! So I can kill you again."
- ―The Shaman.[src]
The Shaman (harvested from: Dakodonou) was an Animi Avatar used by the entertainment branch of Abstergo Industries, as part of their plan to influence the general public, via the console stage of the Animus technology. He was only available through a system update, and wielded a tribal axe as his primary weapon, suitable for voodoo ceremonies.
The Shaman had several unique moves:
(Low Profile, Front)
Facing his target, the Shaman pulls out his axe and butts its head into their stomach, winding them, which makes them bend over. After this, he swings the weapon down at his victim's exposed back, severing their spine and subsequently killing them. Following this, he then removes his axe as he watches them collapse backwards.
(Low Profile, Back)
Behind his target, the Shaman takes out his axe and embeds it into the right of their hip, making them recoil in agony, before he removes his weapon and strikes down hard in between their shoulder blades. Driving his victim to their knees, he lets them collapse as he sheathes his weapon.
(High Profile, Front)
Facing his target, the Shaman takes ahold of his axe and swiftly slices it across their neck, causing them to spin around. He then quickly follows up on this attack by embedding his weapon into his wounded victim's side and roughly pulls it free again, yanking them to the ground where they die of blood loss.
(High Profile, Back)
Behind his target, the Shaman grabs his axe and acrobatically jumps upwards, before brutally embedding his weapon in his victim's back. Using the force of the blow, he pushes them down to the ground and then roughly pulls his axe free, before storing it at his waist.
(Personal High Profile, Front)
Upon reaching his target, the Shaman takes his tribal axe in hand and swings it deep into the crevice of their neck. As they stare at him in shock, the Shaman brutally thrusts his hand into their chest and violently rip out their heart. Gazing down at his bloodstained hand and squashing the organ in his palm, the Shaman subsequently removes his weapon from his victim's shoulder and carelessly leaves their body to crumple to the ground.
(Personal High Profile, Back)
Sprinting behind his target, the Shaman seizes them by the base of the neck and yanks them backward, exposing their torso to attack. He then delivers two swift chops to their chest with the edge of his axe, with the force of the blows pushing them further back. After the second of his attacks, the Shaman allows his heavily wounded victim to collapse to the ground, bleeding from his sudden assault.
Jumping down from above, the Shaman pounces onto his target with his axe, before he brutally smashes it into their head, killing them instantly. Following this, he gets up and hastily yanks his weapon out, leaving their body on the ground where it lays.
Grabbing his seated target's foot, the Shaman drags them off the bench until their head rests against it. Before his victim can do anything to defend themselves, he forcefully kicks them in the face, violently sending their head backwards and breaking their neck on the bench behind them.
- "You are weak!"
- "It is done!"
- "Only Bondye can save you!"
- "For a better tomorrow!"
- "Be gone!"
- "Greed will get you nowhere!"
- "You have been released!"
- "What goes around, comes around!"
The Shaman could be customized in several ways:
- Pirate Costume
- Templar Costume
- Assassin Costume
- Alternative Costume 1
- Alternative Costume 2
- Warrior outfit Costume
- Houngan Asogwe Costume
- Vodou Pirate Costume
- Prestige Costume
- Free Man Costume
- Gédé Spirit
- Skull paint
- Leather Headband
- Vodou Style
- Gear 01:
- Draped Strap
- Houngan Sur Pwen Strap
- Houngan Asogwe Strap
- Gear 02:
- Bone Wrists
- Dahomey Wrists
- Leather Wrists
- Gear 03:
- African Vodun Belt
- Leather Belt
- Haitian Vodou Belt
- Scar 1: A single vertical scar across the lips.
- Scar 2: A single diagonal scar below the eye.
- Scar 3: A single diagonal scar across the lips.
- War paints:
- Face paint 1: A horizontal block of red paint crossing the nose and going below the eyes.
- Face paint 2: Two semi-circular blocks of red paint, one under each eye.
- Face paint 3: Six thin vertical blocks of red paint, three under each eyelid going down across the cheek.
- Tattoo 1: Black paint covering one half of the face.
- Tattoo 2: A black outline around the face, black paint around the eyes and on the nose, and vertical black lines of paint on the mouth, symbolizing teeth.
- Tattoo 3: Thick patches of black paint around the eyes, on the nose and on the lower cheeks, as well as thin patches of black paint on the rest of the face.
- Tribal Axe
- Ceremonial Axe
- Soul Breaker
- Big Knife
- Green Dagger
- Double-Tipped Hook
- Hidden Blade
- Short Knife
- The Shaman shares his first taunt animation with the Renegade and his second with the Coyote Man.
- The Shaman shares his war paints and tattoos with the Jaguar.
- The Shaman's Personal High Profile kill, wherein he rips out his target's heart, is the only one to date in the multiplayer to feature explicit gore.