Having discovered where the Templars were building their army, Ezio made his way to the harbor where a ship waited to take him to Cappadocia. However, the Great Chain had been raised, making it impossible to leave port.
Ezio met with Yusuf Tazim.
- Yusuf: Sayin (Mister) Auditore! Word around the city is you're leaving us.
- Ezio: Is nothing I do a secret?
- Yusuf: Not to worry, brother. The captain of your ship is a friend. But neither of you are going anywhere just yet. The Janissaries have raised the chain across the mouth of the Haliç (Golden Horn) and ordered a full blockade until you are caught.
- Ezio: They raised the chain for me?
- Yusuf: We will celebrate later. Here, I have something for you.
Yusuf handed Ezio a bomb.
- Yusuf: Careful. This has fifty times the kick of our usual bombs.
- Ezio: Bene. (Good.) I know what to do.
- Yusuf: The suspense is palpable.
- Ezio: Yusuf, wait. Un favore. (A favor.)
- Yusuf: Yes?
- Ezio: There is a woman running a bookshop at the old Polo trading post... Sofia. Look out for her. She is a remarkable lady.
- Yusuf: You have my word.
- Ezio: Gather your men. This will attract some attention.
Ezio made his way to the Great Chain, and placed the bomb near its base. After detonation, the tower collapsed and the Great Chain was destroyed. Ezio used ziplines to get aboard a warship.
- Yusuf: Those ships are armed. They're waiting to stop your boat. You take care of them. We will clear the docks.
Ezio used a Greek Fire cannon to destroy the blockade. He then used his freerunning skills to board his ship, just before it left.
- Piri Reis: Yours is not a subtle approach.
- Ezio: Sì. (Yes.) Sorry for the delay.
The Great Chain was destroyed and Ezio and Piri set sail to Cappadocia.
- This memory was featured in the E3 2011 demo of Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
- In the demo, the freerunning sequence was slightly altered than in the original game; Ezio could kill guards with blades, there was a lift and zipline on the final ship, and the ship captain was not Piri Reis, but an Ottoman sailor.
- Some agile guards are seen pouring buckets of water on the fire, even though the Greek Fire is a substance that cannot be extinguished by water.