- "Be my eyes, Senu!"
- ―Bayek, calling out to Senu.[src]
She shared a symbiotic relationship with her master, who, with the ability of Eagle Vision, could view the world from her perspective. As a result, she was a powerful medium of (visual and verbal) reconnaissance for Bayek on his missions.
Additionally, when her master was out in the field, she would always be loyally following him from high up in the air, and would assist him in one of two ways:
- If he was hunting, she would swoop down and (in one strike) randomly kill one nearby animal.
- If he was infiltrating enemy strongholds, she would (either on his command [when scouting the area), or by her own choice (in the heat of combat) swoop down and harass an enemy to distract them while Bayek dealt the killing blow.
- Senu's name may be derived from the Bennu bird, for the following reasons:
- The Bennu bird was said to be a self-created being that played a role in the creation of the world; Senu is Bayek's pet eagle, and played a role in 'pioneering' the Eagle Vision ability of the Assassin Brotherhood.
- The Bennu bird was said to be the ba of Ra, and enabled the creative actions of Atum; Senu (in fitting with the Ancient Egyptian concept of the soul) was an 'aspect' of Bayek that would continue living on after his body died, and by being a medium of reconnaissance for Bayek, she enabled him to plan his assassinations and goals easier.
- Alternatively, Senu can possibly be translated as 'Sister'.
- After completing all the tours of the Discovery Tour, an exclusive skin, "White Senu", is made available. It seems to be based off hierofalcons, a group of birds commonly used for falconry in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Senu was conceived early in the development of Origins; the developers pitched the idea of actually controlling an eagle, given that the eagle is a common motif in the Assassin's Creed series.
- If Bayek remains idle for a certain period of time, Senu will swoop down and perch on his arm while Bayek shows her affection by petting her or feeding her a snack from his pouch.