Edward sailed to Principe, where they came across the wreckage of a ship.
- Anne: Captain! Here's one still kicking!
- Edward: Who did this?
- Sailor: It were a large vessel. The Royal Fortune.
- Edward: Roberts.
- Sailor: Offered no quarter. Didn't say nothing.
Edward went ashore to find his target.
- Roberts: Why, who chases me now, eh? Is it a specter come to spook me? Or the gaunt remains of a man I sent to hell!
Roberts spotted Edward and boarded his ship to flee. Edward then boarded the Jackdaw and pursued Roberts.
- Anne: Come on now!
Captain's aboard! Man all canvas! Let's move!
The Royal Fortune destroyed the cliffs behind it.
- Anne: The way is blocked, captain! We'll have to find another path!
Steer clear of that, captain!
Edward! There's crosstrees on the horizon!
- Crew: Flying British colours!
- Anne: There's Spanish ships there, captain! This'll be a mess if we don't hurry.
We're in a maelstrom, captain!
- Edward: Beats working behind a bar, don't it?
The Royal Fortune was crippled.
- Anne: Shall we sink his ship, captain? We've a better than even chance!
- Edward: No. There's a device with him that needs taking. I'll have to board her myself.
- Roberts: Man the guns! There's more fodder for ya coming!
Edward and his crew boarded the Royal Fortune.
- Roberts: By jove, Edward Kenway! How can I not be impressed by the attention you've paid me! May the best of we two sing praises of the second!
Edward assassinated Roberts.
- Roberts: A merry life and a short one, as promised. How well I know myself. And what of you, Edward? Have you found the peace you seek?
- Edward: I'm not aiming so high as that. For what's peace but a confusion between two wars?
- Roberts: You're a stoic then! Perhaps I was wrong about you. She might have had some use for you after all.
- Edward: She? Of whom do you speak?
- Roberts: Oh... she who lies in wait. Entombed. I had hoped to find her, to see her again. To open the door of the temple and hear her speak my name once more. Aita...
- Edward: Talk sense, man.
- Roberts: I was born too soon, like so many others before.
- Edward: Where's the device, Roberts?
Roberts gave up the Crystal Skull to Edward.
- Roberts: Destroy this body, Edward. The Templars... if they take me...
Edward managed to assassinate the Sage Bartholomew Roberts and he recovered the Crystal Skull.