Working together, Anastasia and Nikolai made their way to the Volga, from where they would escape Kazan.
- Orelov: We need to split up. The Templars are going to be looking for us. Together we stand out. Apart we can blend in.
- Anastasia: You're leaving me?
- Orelov: I'll be watching from the rooftops. You stick to the streets and buildings. I've got you covered.
- Anastasia: Where are we heading?
- Orelov: The Volga. We'll take a boat.
- Anastasia: Be safe, Nikolaï.
- Orelov: You too, Anya.
Together, Anastasia and Nikolai traversed Kazan, the Assassin covering Anastasia from the rooftops, using his rifle. This allowed them to eventually reach their boat.
- Anastasia: The world is changing. My father's Empire is gone... my family... dead.
- Orelov: You will survive this. You are strong, just like Shao Jun.
- Anastasia: I never knew I could do the things I've done. Shao Jun helped me realize what I am capable of, what I can achieve. I know I'm not her, but I also know I can no longer be myself. Anastasia Nikolaevna needs to... fade away... She cannot be a part of this new world...
Anastasia and Nikolai managed to escape from Kazan.
Assassin's Creed Chronicles memories