Jacob entered Attaway's moving carriage.
- Attaway: Mr. Frye! I told you to make an appointment.
- Jacob: My schedule was open.
- Attaway: You're fortunate I like you.
Attaway gave Jacob a document.
- Jacob: "Internal combustion engines"?
- Attaway: Eight small syllables that mean a great deal of money. The engines will be delivered to Millner by train. Secure them for me and he will be... devastated.
- Jacob: I'll need a second train to pull this off... And I think I know just the man.
As Jacob was about to leave, Attaway stopped him.
- Attaway: So we have a deal, Mr. Frye?
- Jacob: "You're fortunate I like you", Ms. Attaway.
Jacob made his way to a police convoy escorting Ned Wynert.
- Policeman: The Captain's been looking for you for some time, Wynert.
- Ned: There are laws against arresting an innocent?
- Policeman: Shut your trap!
Jacob hijacked the carriage Ned was in.
- Ned: What the hell's going on out there?
- Jacob: A change of plans, that's what's going on!
- Ned: Frye? God damn it! Where do you come off rescuing me?
- Jacob: I believe it's pronounced "thank you", you ingrate!
- Ned: I operate on a strict policy of keeping people indebted to me, not the other way around. I hate having to return favors!
- Jacob: I could leave you here for the police to collect you.
- Ned: No, it's too late now. Just get us out of here.
Jacob opened the doors to the carriage.
- Ned: So, what do you want, Frye?
- Jacob: What makes you so sure I want something? Perhaps I saved you out of the kindness of my own heart.
- Jacob: Come on, let me tell you about the job.
Jacob, Ned and a group of Rooks stole another train and prepared to attack Millner's train.
- Ned: Millner's pulling a lot of cargo there!
- Jacob: Just be sure to make the transfer!
- Ned: Give 'em hell!
Hurry up, man!
We don't have all day! Get cracking!
Get a move on, Frye!
Jumping aboard Millner's train, Jacob searched the crates for the engines.
- Jacob: Not this one!
Not what I'm after!
Here we go!
After finding the engines, Jacob detached the cargo wagon and defended Ned from the guards aboar Millner's train.
- Ned: All right, boys and girls! You know what to do!
What are you waiting for, friends? Get moving!
Jacob opened a crate holding an engine, which he and Ned inspected.
- Jacob: The internal combustion engine. The end of horse-drawn transport. It's like gazing into the future.
- Ned: And what is the going rate for the future, do you think?
Jacob gave Ned the document he had received from Attaway.
- Jacob: Oh, we're not selling them.
- Ned: You're giving them to your contact?
- Jacob: You'll be paid all the same.
- Ned: Who is this Pearl, anyway? How long have you been working with her?
- Jacob: She's a business partner. That's all you need to know.
After freeing Ned Wynert from the police, Jacob was able to steal Millner's internal combustion engines for Attaway.