Synchronize with your ancestor.
Perform an Air Assassination.
30 October 2012
After the Grand Temple triggered a Bleeding Effect in Desmond Miles, through which Juno told him to find a key, he collapsed and entered a fugue state. William Miles, Rebecca Crane and Shaun Hastings placed him in the Animus, where he familiarized himself with the updated software installed during the time he spent in a coma.
Desmond found himself in the White Room.
- Rebecca: Okay, Desmond. While you were, uh, visiting Constantinople, we picked up a software update for the Animus. I'd like to run a couple of quick tests - make sure there aren't any major issues.
- Desmond: Alright, what do you need me to do?
The Animus loaded a basic terrain layout.
- Rebecca: We'll start simple. Walk to the marker over there.
Desmond made his way over a few obstacles.
- Rebecca: Okay Desmond - let's practice climbing on these objects.
Desmond did as he was asked, climbing along the ledges to the freerunning training area.
- Rebecca: Free-run your way through this little obstacle course.
Desmond proceeded along the path to the next area, containing two enemies.
- Rebecca: That's a constraint. These are optional objectives that raise your synchronization rate.
Alright Desmond. Follow the onscreen instructions and kill the two Templars.
Desmond assassinated the two targets and continued forward.
- Rebecca: All you have to do here is jump the gap.
Desmond continued through the course, eventually reaching the end and fully synchronizing with his ancestor, Haytham Kenway.
Desmond fully synchronized with his ancestor, and proceeded to relive his memories.