- Merchant: Secure those crates! We can ill afford to let their contents fall into the wrong hands.
Ezio began to make his way onto the boat where the Merchant was.
- Merchant: We'll see just how tough the holdouts are when they're forced to go without food. If they want to eat, they'll accept Savonarola as their leader. How the Medici family can still hold any sway in this city is beyond me... To think, I once considered them my patrons. But that was before the prophet opened my eyes. Then I saw the evils of commerce and the division it creates. Savonarola will lead us into a new era. One of fraternity, equality, and justice. All that remains is for us to cast off the shackles of our troubled past - and accept the Lord as our saviour and true leader.
Ezio assassinated the Merchant.
- Merchant: What... What have I done...
- Ezio: You tried to force devotion.
- Merchant: Sometimes the people must be told what to think.
- Ezio: No good has ever come of that. Benché il mio cuore sia turbato, la mia mente è lucida (Though my heart may be tormented, my head is clear)... Requiescat in pace (Rest in peace).
Ezio assassinated one more of Savonarola's lieutenants and weakened his oppression over Florence.