Altaïr came across two civilians who mentioned a report they've made on the status of repairs to William's fortress. The Assassin decided to steal the documents.
Altaïr approached the two civilians and listened in.
- Civilian 1: They let you come and go as you please? I thought the fortress was closed to all.
- Civilian 2: Aye, but William wishes to have repairs completed as soon as possible. It's been to our advantage.
- Civilian 1: The perfect cover. It's clever.
- Civilian 2: Anyway, I've finished my report and should deliver it.
- Civilian 1: For once it seems things might go our way, and not by accident.
- Civilian 2: Well, the Bible does say, "God helps those who help themselves."
- Civilian 1: Nah, it doesn't actually. That's from one of Aesop's Fables. The Bible says quite the opposite, in fact. Many passages about being patient and faithful, and waiting for the Lord to decide if he wishes to assist.
- Civilian 2: Well, I say we've waited long enough.
- Civilian 1: You'll hear no argument from me.
- Civilian 2: Very well, I'm off then.
Altaïr tailed the carrier and pickpocketed the documents from him.
Altaïr acquired a map which showed the position of a forgotten structure that could serve as a potential entrance.