Altaïr came across two of Jubair's followers, who talked about a stash of book they've recently discovered, and that Jubair would most likely take personal notice of it. They mentioned a letter meant for Jubair. Altaïr decided to steal the document.
Altaïr approached the men and listened in on their conversation.
- Civilian 1: We found the place, it's just as you described it.
- Civilian 2: I suspect he'll want to deal with this himself, and quickly. Best we say nothing to the others.
- Civilian 1: A wise course of action. Truth be told, I'll be happy once this business is done.
- Civilian 2: Soon, my friend, soon. Today should see the last of them put to torch. Boy, come here!
One of the men waved a carrier over.
- Civilian 2: You still have the letter I gave you?
- Carrier: Yes.
- Civilian 2: Go and deliver it then. You'll find the one it's meant for inside the Madrasah.
Altaïr followed the carrier and pickpocketed the letter from him.
Altaïr acquired a letter which stated that Jubair should be within a garden, overseeing a particular burning.