Altaïr stumbled upon two civilians talking about an important letter they've stolen from someone.The Assassin decided to acquire the letter for potential information on Garnier.
Altaïr approached the two civilians, staying a respectable distance away, and listened in.
- Civilian 1: So what you got there?
- Civilian 2: Rubbish! The man had no coin to speak of. Just some damn tube! All's I found was a bit of paper with these nonsense scratchings.
- Civilian 1: Them's not nonsense, but words and letters.
- Civilian 2: Why's a man putting words and letters in a tube? A waste of tube if you ask me.
- Civilian 1: Must be important. Give it here, and I'll have a look.
- Civilian 2: Like you helped last time! I ain't letting you steal this!
- Civilian 1: Well, ain't you clever. Have fun with it then.
Once the two men went their separate ways, Altaïr followed the carrier and snatched the letter at a right moment.
Altaïr acquired a letter, which stated that Garnier was connected to two other men in Damascus and Jerusalem.