Pickpocketing was a virtual representation of one of Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad's genetic memories, relived by Desmond Miles in 2012 through the Animus.
Altaïr came across a pair of civilians in the Souk Sarouja, who mentioned a letter to be delivered to Salāḥ ad-Dīn's camp. Altaïr decided to steal the document.
Altaïr stayed a short distance away from the two men and listened.
- Marzuq: It was good of you to come.
- Civilian: It is an honor to serve. What do you require?
- Marzuq: The letter I've given you must be brought to Salāḥ ad-Dīn's camp. Seek out the one they call Hisham, he will be able to help. Tell no one else of this.
- Civilian: None will know my mission.
- Marzuq: Then our business is concluded.
Altaïr tailed the carrier, and stole the letter from him.
Altaïr acquired a letter, which stated that Abu'l had made payments to both Majd Addin and William of Montferrat, and that he was preparing another feast in his palace.
Altaïr observing the civilians
Altaïr stealing the letter