The people of Damascus despise the Merchant King for spending their money on extravagant parties held inside his palace. Attending one of these celebrations should bring me close enough to strike.
Altaïr stayed a short distance away from the two men and listened.
- Marzuq: It was good of you to come.
- Civilian: It is an honor to serve. What do you require?
- Marzuq: The letter I've given you must be brought to Salāḥ ad-Dīn's camp. Seek out the one they call Hisham, he will be able to help. Tell no one else of this.
- Civilian: None will know my mission.
- Marzuq: Then our business is concluded.
Altaïr tailed the carrier, and stole the letter from him.