Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Passing the Torch|
Having spent more than a month in training with Altaïr, the Polo brothers are ready to return to Constantinople. But a party of Mongols is blocking their way. Escort the Polo brothers safely out of the village.
12 August 1257
Passing the Torch was a virtual representation of one of Ezio Auditore da Firenze's genetic memories, relived by Desmond Miles in 2012 through the Animus, in which a memory from Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad was viewed.
Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad, now 92, said his goodbyes to Niccolò Polo and handed him both the Codex and the Masyaf Keys. As he escorted them to the gates of the village, he used his Apple of Eden to subdue the soldiers that were attacking the Assassin stronghold.
- Altaïr: Niccolò Polo... Our time together was brief, I know. But I have faith this Codex will answer the many questions you have yet to ask.
- Niccolò: Altaïr, this gift is... invaluable. Grazie. (Thank you.)
- Altaïr: So, where will you go next?
- Niccolò: Back to Costantinopoli for a time. We will establish a guild there before returning to Venezia.
- Altaïr: Your son Marco will be eager to hear his father's wild stories.
- Niccolò: He is a little young for such tales. But one day soon, sì (yes).
- Darim: Father! A vanguard of Mongols has broken through. The village is overrun!
- Altaïr: Niccolò, your cargo and provisions are waiting for you by the village gates. We will escort you there.
- Niccolò: Thank you, Mentor.
- Altaïr: (To Assassins): Ready the catapults, and watch for my signal. (To Niccolò) Stay close.
Altaïr and the Polos made their way to village gates.
- Darim: Father... are you hurt?
- Altaïr: Give me a moment. Ah. The end of an era... When I was very young, I was foolish enough to believe that our Creed would bring an end to all these conflicts. If only I had possessed the humility to say to myself, I have seen enough for one life. I have done my part. Then again, there is no greater glory than fighting to find the truth.
- Niccolò: We are ready.
- Altaïr: A last favor, Niccolò. Take these with you and guard them well. Hide them if you must.
- Niccolò: Artifacts?
- Altaïr: Of a kind. They are keys, each one imbued with a message.
- Niccolò: A message for whom?
- Altaïr: I wish I knew.
Niccolò Polo left Masyaf with the Masyaf Keys and the Codex. The Mongol vanguard was successfully fended off.
- Darim's character model is his 32 year old self, despite being 62 at the time of the memory. This is likely a glitch or oversight, as he is depicted with grey hair in the memory Lost Legacy, which occurs on the same day.