The Pariah (harvested from: Ilario Lombardi) was an Animi Avatar used by Abstergo Industries to train the recruits in the first stage of their Animi Training Program. He was available after a system update, and used a bolt gun as his primary weapon.
The Pariah had several unique moves:
(Low Profile, Front)
The Pariah approaches his target and draws his bolt gun, before he points it at their face. After a gesture of surrender from his victim, the Pariah mercilessly shoots them between their eyes, killing them instantly.
(Low Profile, Back)
The Pariah walks over and grabs his target, wrapping his arm around their neck from behind, and puts his bolt gun to their head. Before his victim can react, he pulls the trigger, and their lifeless body collapses to the floor.
(High Profile, Front)
The Pariah rushes over to his target and grabs them, forcing their head down. He then stuns his victim by hitting them in the back of the neck with his bolt gun, at the base of the spine, before following it up with a shot to the side of the head.
(High Profile, Back)
The Pariah runs over and forces his target to their knees, with their back facing him. His victim is only given enough time to turn their head slightly, before the Pariah pulls the trigger, sending their dead body falling forward to the ground.
The Pariah stands in front of his seated target and yanks their head down, before hitting them in the spine at the back of the neck with the butt of his bolt gun to stun them. While his victim is still dazed, he shoots them under the chin, the bolt going into their brain and killing them instantly.
The Pariah jumps from a rooftop and lands on his target, before placing his bolt gun to their head and pulling the trigger. The blast from his bolt gun ruptures their jugular, causing them to die of blood loss, and the Pariah stands up and stores his bolt gun away afterwards, leaving his victim's dead body on the ground.
The Pariah could be customized in several ways:
- Basic: Yellow/tan.
- Extra 1: Burgundy.
- Extra 2: Mint/celadon green.
- Extra 3: White.
- Advanced: An added necklace, with the Templar logo added to the back of his coat.
- Superior: An added fur brim to the outline of his hat, and his coat gains striped sections down it.
- Elite: A change to his mask, with its cheekbones becoming gold, a golden decoration around the left eye, and altered sleeves. Also, a change to the Templar logo on the back, with a crown in the middle of the Templar cross.
- The term pariah has come to mean "(social) outcast", and came from a Tamil word parai (பறை), meaning "(large festival) drum", and paraiyan (பறையன்), meaning "drummer" – the term was used for people who would try to draw attention by playing such drums. Those assigned the title of pariah were essentially excluded from society.
- The Pariah's kill animation for his High Profile, Front assassination was similar to the Engineer's High Profile, Front assassination, in the way that they both pulled their target's head downwards.
- The Pariah was very similar in appearance to the target from the Assassin's Creed II E3 Trailer.