In pursuit of the first of Leonardo da Vinci's war machines, the machine gun, Ezio Auditore departed from Rome and journeyed through the countryside to Colli Albani. There, he infiltrated the factory of chariot-mounted machine guns, and discovered that various working prototypes of the machine were being manufactured.
- Guard: Watch the weapon carefully. We must be ready to take it to safety should anything happen.
Avoiding the attention of the patrolling guards, Ezio reached a small workshop, where the machine's designs were kept. Burning the blueprints with a nearby torch, Ezio then proceeded to the main courtyard, where a functioning machine gun was under heavy guard.
The Assassin reached the stacks of gunpowder barrels piled beside the machine and lighted a fuse leading into them, before retreating to a safe distance. The resulting explosion of the gunpowder shattered the machine gun and immediately killed the men guarding it. However, the noise alerted the other guards who were within the building itself, and they swiftly made off with a second, horse-drawn prototype, attempting to salvage the project.
- Guard: He's stealing the weapon!
Ezio promptly ran across the rooftops and mounted a nearby horse to give chase. Pursuing the machine gun through the woods and dodging the rapid bullet rounds fired at him, Ezio managed to catch up to the chariot and killed both the driver and the gunman posted on it. Though he was able to commandeer the machine, he was closely followed by several mounted guards and arquebusiers. As he fled, he managed to hold several of them back by slamming into them with the sides of the carriage.
However, as he drove the chariot deeper into the countryside, the number of guards only seemed to increase, and so Ezio took control of the machine gun itself. Shooting horses and riders alike, and only suffering minor set backs as the horses pulling the machine veered off of the road, Ezio successfully held off his pursuers.
- Ezio: How many of you are there?
Go home! If you do not, all of you will die!
Upon escaping from the remaining guards, Ezio detached the pair of horses from the carriage, and rode to safety on the back of one as he ignited the gunpowder-laden chariot with his Hidden Gun.
- Ezio: Il mondo è migliore senza di te! (The world is better without you!)
Ezio destroyed the first war machine and returned to Rome.
- To achieve full synchronization, Ezio had to burn the chariot design schematics without killing any guards.
- Being detected during this memory would result in immediate desynchronization.
- During the game, the memory was played as part of Memory sequence 4, but it was listed with the other War machine memories in the DNA folder.
- This was the only War machine memory in which Ezio did not interrogate an architect for information.