Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Olivier Garneau was the Chief Creative Officer of Abstergo Entertainment, a subsidiary of Abstergo Industries. He appeared in an article of the Abstergo News Wire on 11 October 2013, celebrating Abstergo Entertainment's first anniversary.
On 14 October, Olivier was contacted by Abstergo Industries administrator Laetitia England to give a report of their progress in locating the Observatory through the analyst's work, promising to work harder despite low funding and a lack of solid leads. Some time later, he communicated with project lead Melanie Lemay about the importance of meeting Laetitia's demands.
Shortly thereafter, Olivier left for a shareholder's meeting in Chicago, but never arrived. Concurrently, a hacker inside Abstergo Entertainment compromised various computers and security cameras in the facility, prompting a security lockdown. Melanie took charge in Olivier's stead and managed the breach, which she later concluded had been caused by the head of the technology department, an employee named John Standish.
- In an internal email sent between administrators at Abstergo Entertainment, Olivier added that he was related to "François-Xavier Garneau, noted Quebecois historian and poet".
- Besides Laetitia England, Olivier was also known to have been in contact with Alan Rikkin before his disappearance.
- Olivier was confirmed to be the only person at Abstergo Entertainment that was aware of Abstergo Industries being a front for the Templars, until Melanie Lemay was inducted into the Order.
- Ubisoft's 2014 video game Watch Dogs explains Olivier's disappearance in Chicago. In the game, he is taken down by Aiden Pearce while driving in Chicago. His ctOS profile lists him as being wanted by the Brotherhood. The event, however, is not canonical in the Assassin's Creed universe.
- In the Animus database entry of the Observatory there is a note from Olivier congratulating the researcher for finding it and saying he would report it to Laetitia England.