Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nassau, Pirate Republic
Edward and his crew arrived in Nassau, where he began to look for a crew.
- Thatch: Go on, Captain Queernabs! Tell me I'm under arrest! Tell me!
- Adéwalé: Them your breds (brethren)?
- Hornigold: Fly away, boyo! Back to your master!
- Edward: Aye. We was privateers together, before the wars ended. I'll see you ashore.
Edward met with his friends at the Old Avery tavern.
- Hornigold: By God, you're a sight for salty eyes! Come you in and have a drink.
- Edward: Morning, all.
- Thatch: Ahoy, Kenway. Who's this?
- Edward: Adéwalé, the Jackdaw's quartermaster.
- Thatch: Jackdaw? You named your brig after a poxy bird?
- Edward: Adé, these lads are the better part of our growing confederacy here. Ed Thatch, Ben Hornigold, James Kidd.
- Hornigold: You let him carry a pistol, do ye?
- Edward: Peace, Ben. Adé saved my life. And now we're looking for a crew to fill out the rest of my ship.
- Thatch: Well, there's scores of capable men about. But use caution. A shipload of the King's sailors showed up a fortnight back, causing trouble and knocking about like they own the place.
- Edward: Right. I'll see who I can muster.
- Adéwalé: Send any men you find to the Jackdaw. I'll put them to work.
- Edward: Cheers Adé.
Edward soon set out to save pirates from the British soldiers, recruiting them to his crew.
- Civilian 1: What's all this pissing and moaning about? Has something happened?
- Civilian 2: Soldiers have come, that's what's happened. Sent by the King himself.
- Civilian 3: If a lobster sticks his nose in my business, I'll slice it off.
- Civilian 4: I'm with you, mate. True hearted!
Eventually, he was approached by a woman.
- Civilian 5: Captain Kenway, come fast! There's soldiers that clapped a man in irons. They mean to hang him!
Edward arrived at a scaffolding where the pirate was to be hanged. He rescued him, and then returned to the tavern.
- Hornigold: Now you'll want to sail somewhere rich with plunder.
- Edward: Have you heard of a place called the Observatory?
- Kidd: Aye. It's an old legend. Like El Dorado, or the Fountain of Youth.
- Edward: What have you heard?
- Kidd: It's meant to be a temple or a tomb. Hiding a treasure of some kind.
- Edward: That's it! You see here.
- Thatch: Ah, rot! It's fairy stories you prefer to gold, is it?
- Edward: It's worth more than gold, Thatch. Ten-thousand times above what we could pull off any Spanish ship.
- Hornigold: Robbing the king to pay his paupers is how we earn our keep here, lad. That ain't a fortune, it's a fantasy.
Through his intervention, Edward saved many pirates from execution, subsequently recruiting them as crew for the Jackdaw.