Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nicolas Ferrand, sometimes known under his alias Viag, was formerly a Lead Concept Artist working at Ubisoft Montreal, and is best known for his work on the Assassin's Creed series, among which are Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed II.
His areas of specialty are 3D modeling and concept creation, all of which he has employed in creating artwork for the Assassin's Creed series. For Assassin's Creed II, Ferrand worked mainly in creating concept art for the Animus menu and the Animus itself.
Currently, Ferrand works as a freelance Senior Concept Artist for movies and video games and has set up his own freelance artist company.
Born in France, Ferrand now lives in Montreal, Canada, and he has been an active concept designer in the gaming industry since 1999.
- RPM Tuning (2001) - Babylon software
- Ghost Recon 2 (2004) - Ubisoft
- Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (2004) - Ubisoft
- Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (2005) - Ubisoft
- Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (2005) - Ubisoft
- Splinter Cell: Double Agent (2006) - Ubisoft
- Assassin's Creed (2007) - Ubisoft
- Thief 4 (2008) - Eidos Montreal
- Far Cry 2 (2008) - Ubisoft
- Avatar: The Game (2009) - Ubisoft
- Assassin's Creed II (2009) - Ubisoft
- Singularity (2010) - Activision
Aside from his production work on various games, Ferrand has experience from the following:
- Various games and post-production companies (1999–2001) - 3D artist, photocopy, lip-sync, level art
- NAD CENTER - Lecturer/Instructor (Introduction to concept art)
- Universal Studios (2012) - Senior Concept Artist on the TV series Defiance
- ENSAAMA (1995–1997) - Design ceramic
- Graduate School of Arts and Printing Industry (1998–1999) - 3D and multimedia
- Ferrand is bilingual, being fluent in both French and English.
The following gallery contains sample artwork by Nicolas Ferrand for Assassin's Creed II.