Aveline met Dominguez at the docks.
- Dominguez: You! No! My troubles! My pain! My suffering. It all starts with you!
- Aveline: Come on man, have some self respect. What's the trouble now?
- Dominguez: My ship? Gone! Money? Gone! Wife? I never even had a wife! And this man, he says "Oh, Capitán (Captain), I am so poor." I am so generous, I lend him money. He buys a ship, he becomes rich. Now I go to him. I say "Oh, Capitán (Captain), I am so poor." And he refuses to pay me back!
- Aveline: Quit your crying, and clean yourself up. I'll take care of it.
- Dominguez: Oh thank you!
- Aveline: But only if you sober up enough to make yourself useful!
- Dominguez: Oh...
Aveline located and beat up the captain.
- Captain: Very well! Stop! Stop! What do you want?
- Aveline: The ship you bought with the generosity of Captain Dominguez. You won't be needing it anymore.
- Captain: I... er... Very well.
Aveline returned the deed to Carlos.
- Aveline: I have retrieved the man's ship. You may use it now.
- Dominguez: Oh! Thank you! Thank you!
- Aveline: Now you are in my protection. You will repay this kindness by working for me.
- Dominguez: If that is my only option, I accept. I mean... I would be my great honor, my sweet and gentle ángel (angel).
Aveline acquired a new ship for Carlos Dominguez and employed him to work for her.