- "Keep your voice down. You know nothing of my motives."
- ―Mirela to a Romani confronting her.[src]
After her actions of swindling the poor out of their money, many of her fellow Romani complained and attempted to remove her. These actions soon caught the attention of an Apprentice of the Assassin Mentor Ezio Auditore, who immediately informed him as soon as they were appointed as a den leader.
The Apprentice then asked Ezio to escort a group of Romani to Mirela and protect them along the way, but despite there being many hitmen that Mirela had sent, Ezio made sure to kill them all.
When they had arrived, Mirela was already having a conversation with other Romani, who chastised her for being a trickster and a charlatan. After a futile attempt to calm her, Mirela responded by poisoning her and framing the murder to appear like the Romani group Ezio had escorted were responsible.
While Ezio stopped the nearby guards from killing the Romani group by disarming them, his Apprentice ran after Mirela in the hope of assassinating her, to no avail.
Following her attack on the Romani, Mirela had other plans, as she was spotted buying herbs and spices. One of the ingredients was datura, a plant of which a deadly poison could be extracted from its leaves.
Noticing recent scent vapors from the plant, he instructed his Apprentice to stay put as he tracked her down on his own. After a while of following the datura trail, Ezio came across her, and she immediately threw a thunder bomb towards him once she spotted him.
As he was momentarily stunned, Mirela ran away through the streets. However, as she ran into his Apprentice, who held her in place despite her struggling, it gave Ezio time to catch up and poison her, providing her with an ironic death.
- Mirela: So dies another wretched Romani, is that what you are thinking, Assassin? Maybe your heart is filled with pity for me? Then leave me be, for I despise such charity. I took what was owed me, in spite of oppression, of hatred, of ignorance. I lived my own way, for myself...
- Ezio: Requiescat in Pace. (Rest in Peace.)
- Mirela is a variant used in Romania and Croatia of the name Mireille, itself ultimately derived apparently from the Occitan word mirar, "to admire."