Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Clanless and self-sufficient, the Mercenary only takes sides for those who pay. Money is his single motivation and only the richest have seen his Short sword in action... Generally twice: first as a partner, then as a victim of a higher bidder."
- ―Description of the Mercenary.
The Mercenary (harvested from: Rocco Tiepolo) was an unlockable Animi Avatar used by Abstergo Industries to train the recruits in the first stage of their Animi Training Program. He was available once a recruit reached Level 45, and he used a shortsword as his weapon.
The Mercenary had several unique moves:
(Low Profile, Back)
Approaching his target from behind, the Mercenary grabs their left arm and roughly spins them around. Following this, he impales his victim's stomach twice with his shortsword before pushing their body to the floor.
(Low Profile, Front)
Walking casually to his target from the front, the Mercenary grips them by their right shoulder and headbutts them, stunning them. Afterwards, while they are vulnerable, he runs his victim's abdomen through with his shortsword twice, before sheathing it and watching them fall back to their death.
(High Profile, Back)
Running up behind his target, the Mercenary grabs them by their neck, before roughly throwing them to the floor behind him. As his victim attempts to pick themselves off the ground, he stabs them in the lower back with his shortsword, severing their spine and paralysing them.
(High Profile, Front)
Sprinting towards his target, the Mercenary positions his shortsword in both of his hands and impales them in the stomach, before lifting them up into the air. From there, he proceeds to throw them from the end of it, with his victim landing face forward into the ground with a deep wound.
Advancing towards his seated target, the Mercenary grabs them around the neck and holds them in a headlock with his right arm. Subsequently, he unsheathes his shortsword and stabs his victim in the stomach twice, before throwing their limp body to the floor.
Jumping from a rooftop onto his target, the Mercenary pulls out his shortsword in mid-air and stabs it down into their spine, severing it and paralysing them. After this, he stands up from his victim's body and leaves them on the ground to die.
The Mercenary could be customized in several ways:
- Basic: Blue.
- Extra 1: Gray.
- Extra 2: Green.
- Extra 3: Red.
- Advanced: An altered glove, altered boots, and an extended jacket.
- Superior: The Mercenary's purple pants are changed to the customizable color, his cape is changed from purple to green, and a red capelet is added that bears the Templar cross.
- Elite: Another extension to his jacket, a larger right spaulder, and a large silver medallion was added.
- The crest on the Mercenary's cape was that of the Sforza house, possibly implying that he was somehow related to, or once worked for them.
- Sometimes when doing an aerial assassination, the Mercenary didn't pull out his shortsword, which was the result of an animation glitch.
- The Mercenary's shortsword looked very much like a shortened version of the Schiavona.