Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
28 December 1499
Ezio Auditore listened to Minerva in the Vault at the Vatican, though he was confused when she said that he anchored the one to whom the warning was intended. Afterwards, he and Mario Auditore successfully escaped the Vatican.
- Minerva: It is done. The message is delivered. We are gone now from this world. All of us. We can do no more. The rest is up to you... Desmond.
- Ezio: What? Who is Desmond? I don't understand! Please, wait! I have so many questions!
Minerva vanished, leaving Ezio in the Vault. He then walked out and noticed that Rodrigo Borgia was gone, his robes abandoned on the floor. As well as this, the Papal Staff was still standing in place, adjacent to the Vault. Ezio attempted to remove it, but it quickly sunk beneath the earth, triggering a mechanism, with the room spinning and sinking mechanically. After this, Mario Auditore appeared at the edge of the newly created pit, and shouted down to Ezio.
- Mario: Better in the hands of the earth than in the hands of man.
- Ezio: Uncle?
- Mario: What can I say? We sent a single man against an entire army! I was worried! Quick, climb up. We have to get out of here.
Ezio climbed out of the pit.
- Ezio: You would not believe the things I have seen, Mario.
- Mario: Then be sure to stay alive that I might hear of them.
- Ezio: I expect opposition.
- Mario: And I expect the Borgia to mourn the loss of many lives tonight.
They returned to the Sistine Chapel, where the priests had regained consciousness.
- Priest 1: Che cosa fate qui (What are you doing here)?
- Priest 2: Assassini (Assassins)! God will see you pay for your crimes!
- Priest 3: You have desecrated the sanctity of this holy place!
- Ezio: You condemn what you do not understand!
- Mario: We must go, Ezio. Now!
- Priest 4: His is the voice of the devil!
- Priest 5: Turn away from them!
They proceeded towards the courtyard.
- Mario: Did Rodrigo manage to hurt you?
- Ezio: Barely. My armor blunted his attack.
They entered the courtyard and saw a gathering of Cardinals.
- Cardinals: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, and the shield of faith, wherewith you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Ezio and Mario reached the door, and Mario unsheathed his sword. As they opened the door, a group of Borgia guards attacked them.
- Mario: Be ready to fight.
- Ezio: What are you doing?!
- Mario: Saving you, from the looks of things.
Both of the Assassins engaged in combat, killing guards simultaneously.
- Ezio: Not bad for an old man.
- Mario: Agreed! You still have some skill.
- Ezio: Buona questa (Good one).
- Mario: Excellent!
They made their way to the rooftops, killing every guard following them, until they reached a tower at the banks of the Tiber river. From there, Ezio took out the Apple of Eden, but hesitated to throw it into the water.
- Mario: This decision is yours alone to make. Only do so quickly.
Give it to me. You can do with it as you will later.
- Ezio: Bene (Good).
- Mario: Jump!
Mario performed a Leap of Faith into the Tiber, and Ezio followed suit.