|Man in Red|
Kill no one while following the Cardinal.
After delivering all the letters to Niccolò Copernico's fellow scholars, Ezio Auditore returned to him to inform about their safety.
- Ezio: All letters are delivered.
- Copernico: While you were gone, I determined the most likely source of these strange attacks. The Master of the Sacred Palace.
- Ezio: Who is that?
- Copernico: A Dominican appointed by the Pope who ensures that Roman religious philosophy remains pure. He never liked my studies to begin with, now that I have crossed the Templars he clearly retaliated.
- Ezio: Where can I find him?
- Copernico: Cardinals typically congregate nearby. Follow one of them. The Master likes to greet each one. Perhaps you will hear more conclusive evidence.
Ezio found the cardinal near Castel Sant'Angelo, and tailed him to the meeting. There, the cardinal instructed some guards, before being approached by a monk.
- Giuliano: Master.
- Cardinal: Giuliano. Any news of Copernico and the others?
- Giuliano: Nothing.
- Cardinal: Those fools, inundating the people with their theories. We can barely contain the populace as it is. I have dispatched my best guards to deal with them. I trust they will make quick work of it.
- Ezio: I must stop them.
Ezio set out to eliminate the guards.