Thieving has grown more difficult due to an increase in snitching. Bait a snitch into leading you to the source of the money funding them, then eliminate and loot the source.
Faction HQ mission
Using a Thief group, lure the benefactor from his security zone before killing him.
1511 – 1512
Ezio visited the Thieves Guild and learned of a man paying bribes to people who snitched out the thieves. The identity of this man, however, was unknown. Once Ezio had identified them, he decided to follow the snitch to his benefactor.
- Ezio: Arkadeshim (My friend), you look distracted.
- Thief: Quite. I have a lot on my mind. Someone in this district is funding a campaign to get us arrested.
- Ezio: How so?
- Thief: Well placed bribes to Ottoman guards, tipping them off to our actions. We do not want a conflict with out hosts, but we are not keen to surrender to them either.
- Ezio: Do you have an idea where this money is coming from?
- Thief: I hope to find out today. Would you care to aid me? I will make it worth your while.
- Ezio: Sì. (Yes.) How can I help?
- Thief: We know that the Ottomans were paid a large bribe today. We are going to steal it. Once that happens, someone is sure to send an urgent message back to the money's source. Follow the messenger, and we will have our man.
Ezio made his way to the chest and spotted the snitch.
- Ezio: Where is HE going…?
Ezio tailed the snitch to his benefactor.
- Halim: What are you doing here! I told you to keep an eye on those soldiers!
- Snitch: Forgive me, Halim Bey (Lord Halim), but thieves have stolen the bribe.
- Halim: What!? How did they know?
- Snitch: I am not sure.
- Halim: If our contacts in the Ottoman ranks do not get their money, we do not keep our special relationship intact.
- Snitch: B-but… what could I do?
- Halim: Nothing, obviously. You're just a worm. Now get out of my face.
The snitch left and Ezio prepared to strike the benefactor.
- Halim: It is an insult that I should pay so much to gain so little. Keep your eyes open for those sneaky thieves. They may be coming for us next. Perhaps my informant is not so crooked as he needs to be. We will not be using him again. What is my next move? Think, damn you, think! I should move to Bursa. This city is too diverse. Too messy.
Ezio assassinated Halim, before meeting up with the thieves again.
- Ezio: You got away with the money?
- Thief: Evet (Yes), about half of it. The rest we distributed to the people. It keeps them… honest.
- Ezio: Just make sure you do not turn into the criminals you are fighting.
- Thief: Point taken. Why don't you stick around and keep us in line?
- Ezio: I will call on you when I need a favor. You can count on that.
The benefactor who bribed the Ottoman guards was killed, effectively ending the snitching on the thieves of Constantinople.