The Borgia have constructed a deadly Naval War Machine based on Leonardo's designs. It must be destroyed before Cesare gains control of the seas.
Castel Dell'Ovo Napoli
Upon discovering that the machine is at the docks of Naples, Ezio traveled to destroy the Naval Cannon.
While scouting the outer docks, Ezio overheard a guard instructing his comrades that only a man known as Eduardo was allowed to examine the mechanism they were guarding, and make any final improvements.
- Guard Captain: Tell your comrades that only Eduardo may examine the invention up close to make the final adjustments.
- Guard: Yes, Capitano. (Captain.)
- Guard Captain: He travels by boat to see the mechanism now.
Tracking down and seizing the engineer by the collar, the Assassin demanded the plans for the mechanism, however, Eduardo quickly confirmed that Ezio was the Assassin, and offered his aid in destroying the machine.
- Ezio: Give me the plans.
- Eduardo: You are the Assassin, am I right? You must stop Cesare. I will help you. Let me take you to them.
- Ezio: Grazie. (Thank you.)
Ezio followed Eduardo through a series of narrow canals, traversing the beams overhead in order to avoid confronting guards. After opening several gates for the engineer, Eduardo soon departed after leading the Assassin to the entrance to an old store room, through which he could reach the dry dock.
- Gatekeeper: Oh puzza (stink),smell that? Eduardo has arrived. Open the gate!
Assassinating the nearby guards, Ezio finally reached the room where the naval cannon was being kept, where he overheard several guards noting that the cannon was fully operational.
- Guard: Is the cannon ready for testing?
- Eduardo: We are working day and night. My men cannot go any faster.
- Guard: I asked, is it ready?
- Eduardo: Nearly ready.
- Guard: Then you should stay tonight as well.
Ezio immediately charged forward, directly assaulting the soldiers and dispatching them without effort. After burning the plans as usual, he then flooded the dry dock in order to take the naval cannon into open waters.
- Ezio: Let us see if you can bite your master's hand, shall we?
Catching sight of several Borgia war ships moored in the harbor, the Assassin proceeded to use the cannon to set fire to their sails, dodging the retaliating arrows and cannonballs. After bringing down each ship, he finally turned and pointed the mounted cannon down towards the center of the gondola.
- Ezio: Perdonatemi (Forgive me), Leonardo.
He fired the cannon into the gondola carrying it, and dove into the sea before the weapon exploded.
Ezio destroyed the Naval Cannon and its blueprints and sank a couple of Borgia ships.
- To achieve full synchronization, the player had to open 1 of the 3 gates.
- This was the only memory in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood other than the Cristina memories in which archers with bows and arrows were encountered.