Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Laying the First Brick|
Adéwalé must deliver a letter to Augustin Dieufort.
Adéwalé set out to find Augustin Dieufort.
Adéwalé reached the plantation and tried to find the contact.
- Adéwalé: I know this (tune). (If you don't go to sleep, the crab will eat you.)
- Slave: The wise man is down that path.
- Adéwalé: Thank you, sister.
Adéwalé reached the Maroon hideout, which was under attack.
- Maroon: (I'll show you-)
Adéwalé saved the Maroons.
- Augustin: Do not let them escape. The river! Hurry. Before they bring more enemies. (Very close is not home yet.)
- Overseer: What is THAT?
- Overseer: I don't know, did you miss one?
- Overseer: Row faster!
- Overseer: Faster, idiot!
- Overseer: This is as fast as I can go!
- Overseer: Don't just sit there - shoot him! Shoot him!
Adéwalé killed the overseers and returned to the hideout.
- Adéwalé: Augustin Dieufort?
Adéwalé handed the letter from Bastienne Josèphe to Augustin.
- Augustin: (People say without doing, God does without saying.) The French governor is two-faced. Bastienne helps as she can, but (Maroon) independence is long to build. Longer now. A warrior like you would be a great asset to our cause.
- Adéwalé: With due respect, I serve a different Brotherhood. And am honor-bound to return as soon as I find the means.
- Augustin: But only the Iwa know when that will be. Meantime, I have sanctuary and weapons to share.
- Adéwalé: Perhaps our needs may align for a time. What do you need?
- Augustin: Recruits. Liberated slaves. The warriors among them join me. The others grow the community for which we fight. (Little by little, bird builds his nest.)
- Adéwalé: I suppose I might lend a hand, for a time.
- Augustin: (To give little is not cheap.) I will see that you are rewarded for whatever you can give.
Augustin handed an overseer's blunderbuss to Adéwalé.
- Augustin: Best begin soon. There is much to do.
Adéwalé left the hideout and returned to Port-au-Prince.
Adéwalé found and saved the Maroons.