|Last of the Palaiologi|
Do not take any damage.
Alarmed by the explosion of the Byzantine weapons depot, Manuel Palaiologos came to find out what was going on. He attempted to calm the citizens, but panicked once he saw Ezio. A chase ensued as Ezio tried to assassinate Manuel.
Manuel came to investigate.
- Manuel: Ti sto diáolo simvéni? (What the hell is going on?)
- Guard: Sabotage, Manuel. You need to take cover.
- Manuel: Get out of my way.
Citizens! Soldiers! Compose yourselves. Do not give in to fear! We are the true shepherds of Constantinopolis. We are the lords of this land. We are Byzantines. Kouráyo! (Have courage!) Stand fast! Do not let anyone break your -
Manuel saw Ezio.
- Manuel: Ah, Skatá. (Shit.) Stop that man! Cut him down!
Ezio chased Manuel, who tried to escape by having the guards close a gate behind him.
- Manuel: Stop and think for a moment! Think about the lives you have disrupted today, the anarchy you have sown here!
Ezio killed the guards and continued his pursuit. Manuel and Ezio faced each other in the harbor.
- Manuel: You! You take advantage of a poor and displaced people, using us to further your own vain quest! But we fight for dignity, Assassin. We fight to restore peace to this troubled land.
- Ezio: Templars are always quick to talk of peace, but very slow to concede power.
- Manuel: Because power begets peace, vláka (idiot)! It cannot happen in reverse. These people would drown without a firm hand to lift them up, and keep them in line!
- Ezio: There he is. The monster I came to kill.
After a short duel, Ezio killed Manuel.
- Manuel: I should have been Constantine's successor. I had so many plans.
- Ezio: Your dream dies with you, Manuel. Your empire is gone.
- Manuel: Ah, but I am not the only one with this vision, Assassin. The dream of our Order is universal. Ottoman, Byzantine... these are only labels. Costumes and facades. Beneath these trappings, all Templars are part of the same family.
- Ezio: Enough prattling. I am here for the Masyaf Key.
- Manuel: Then take it. Take it and seek your fortune. See if you get within one hundred leagues of that library before one of us finishes you off.
Ezio killed Manuel Palaiologos and retrieved the final Masyaf Key.
- The plural of Palaiologos is actually Palaiologoi, in Greek, despite being pronounced the same as Palaiologi.