- This article is about the Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood memory. You may be looking for a memory of the same name from Ezio's adulthood or one of Arno Dorian's memories.
29 December 1476
Ezio and Cristina embraced in the streets of Florence and both were sad at the news of the death of Ezio's father and brothers.
- Ezio: Thank you for coming.
- Cristina: Of course, of course. Tell me, what can I do?
- Ezio: My family's bodies... I can't just leave them hanging from the gallows. I need to give them last rites. Send them on to the next world...
- Cristina: Capisco. (I understand.) Lead the way, Ezio.
- Ezio: They've already been cut down!
- Cristina: What are we going to do?
- Ezio: Hide yourself. I'm going to have a little talk with that guard.
Cristina hid, and Ezio engaged in a fistfight with the guard. Eventually defeating the guard, Ezio proceeded to interrogate him.
- Ezio: Where are the bodies that hung here!?
- Guard: They've already been taken!
- Ezio: Where? Tell me where they are!
- Guard: I don't know! I think they were taking them down to the river to dump them.
- Ezio: No... (calling to Cristina) Cristina! Vieni con me! (Come with me!)
Ezio lead Cristina to the river, where they saw the bodies of Federico, Giovanni, and Petruccio under guard.
- Cristina: What will you do?
- Ezio: Only one thing to do. Kill them--
- Cristina: No! Don't do that. They did nothing wrong--
- Ezio: They follow orders unquestioningly. That makes them--
- Cristina: Ezio!
- Ezio: Va bene. (It's okay.) I'll sneak behind their backs. Get my family, one at a time if I have to, and carry them down to the river.
- Cristina: Be careful.
Cristina departed, leaving Ezio to tend to his family's bodies. Carefully, Ezio sneaked behind the guards' backs, hiding and retrieving the bodies. Quickly, yet gently, Ezio carried his loved ones to a small boat docked on a pier. Later, Ezio found Cristina and told her of his plans.
- Ezio: I have to leave the city... Cristina, I want you to come with me.
- Cristina: I want to... But I can't... My family...
Ezio gave Cristina a pendant.
- Ezio: So we'll always be together, Cristina.
- Cristina: Ezio...
They kissed, and Ezio left.
Ezio gave his family a proper burial and then gave Cristina a pendant to remember him by.
- Giovanni's room inside of the Palazzo Auditore was accessible during the mission, as well as Leonardo da Vinci's workshop.
- Ezio, as a wanted member of the Auditore family, was notorious throughout the entire memory.
- This is the only memory in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood that allows Ezio to freely roam the San Giovanni District. Several database entries could be collected if he did this.
- If Ezio was caught stealing money from civilians, Cristina would help him fight them, similar to the courtesans and thieves.
- If any of the bodies fell into the water or Ezio knocked out any guards, he would be desynchronized.
- Ezio could loot his father and brothers' bodies, but he would not find any money.
- As described in Assassin's Creed: Renaissance, Ezio specifically forbade Cristina from accompanying him to his family's bodies.
- In the novel, the pendant Ezio gave Christina was decidedly different from the one in-game: instead of a golden cross with jewels, the novel depicted it as a simple, yet heavy silver pendant with the engraved initial 'A'.
- Oddly, Ezio's face model is replaced with Desmond's whenever he wears his hood.
- Ezio's robes in this memory differ slightly from what was shown in Assassin's Creed II; the interior of his robes are white instead of red, and he is wearing a different set of boots.