Altaïr entered Acre's Assassin Bureau and was greeted by Jabal.
- Jabal: Ah, Altaïr. A little bird told me you'd be paying a visit.
- Altaïr: Al Mualim has ordered the execution of Garnier de Naplouse and so here I am. What can you tell me about him?
- Jabal: He is the Grand Master of the Knights Hospitalier. And surely keeps his quarters in their District. Beyond that, I cannot say. I suggest you search the city. See what you can learn from the people.
- Altaïr: Tell me where they gather and I'll see what I can find.
- Jabal: The public gardens north of here, or what's left of them, are as good a place as any to begin. There's an abandoned market northwest as well that merits watching. And Maria of Jehoshafat's Church to the west remains a popular meeting place. These three locations should be sufficient for your needs.
- Altaïr: I appreciate the information, Rafiq. It will be put to good use.
- Jabal: See that it is.
After gathering the necessary information, Altaïr returned to the Bureau.
- Jabal: Altaïr? How fares your search for Garnier?
- Altaïr: I know when and how to strike.
- Jabal: Share your knowledge with me, then.
- Altaïr: He lives and works within the Order's hospital, northwest of here. Rumors speak of atrocities committed within its walls. It seems the good doctor enjoys experimenting on innocent citizens, most of them kidnapped and brought here from Jerusalem.
- Jabal: Clever. By stealing his subjects from another city, he avoids arousing too much suspicion here. But back to the matter at hand. What is your plan?
- Altaïr: Garnier keeps mainly to his quarters inside the hospital, though he leaves occasionally to inspect his patients. It's when he makes his rounds that I will strike.
- Jabal: It's clear you've given this some thought. I give you leave to go.
Jabal placed a feather on the counter, which Altaïr retrieved.
- Jabal: Remove this stain from Acre, Altaïr. Perhaps it will help cleanse your own. Rest here until you're ready to begin your mission.
Altaïr shared the information he gathered on the target with Rafiq, and was given leave to perform the assassination.