|Kill the Killers|
- Altaïr: Yet again, old Jerusalem! I should hurry and find Hazad's shop!
As Altaïr approached Hazad's shop, he overheard an argument inside.
- Hazad: What is the meaning of this?
- Guard: One of your men stole a map from us. We're here to take it back.
- Hazad: I don't know what you are talking about. Now, leave the shop!
- Guard: This attitude is not helping you. We'll take the map anyway.
- Hazad: Noooo...
The guard pulled out his sword and slayed Hazad. Altaïr ran inside.
- Guard: You, stay out of this if you value your life!
Altaïr stayed his blade and the guard walked away.
- Hazad: Altaïr, come here... You are just a bit late. You are not the only one looking for the Chalice. We managed to find a map that showed the way to the Desert Temple. You have to get it back! Follow them back to that accursed tower of theirs! Take the map from the Templars, Altaïr! Find the Chalice!
- Old Man: He's the one! He's the killer!
- Guard: Your path ends here, Assassin!
- Merchant: The finest Persian merchandise... Hey! Guard, there he is...
Altaïr disposed of the guards and headed for the rooftops, where he eavesdropped on a group of guards conversing.
- Guard 1: The shopkeeper's men will try to take the map back, that's a given.
- Guard 2: You, you are the fastest among us. Take the map back to the tower. Be careful, Lord Basilisk is on his way and he asked for it specifically. Our lives depend on that map being in the tower when he arrives. We'll stay here and try to fend off the keeper's men. Go now!
- Guard 3: The Assassins will use the rooftops to move. There's one of them! Shoot!
Being fired upon by catapults, Altaïr ran after the guard carrying the map, using his grappling hook to cross large gaps. Reaching a large gate, Altaïr caught up to the guard.
- Guard: If someone is following me, I should be safe beyond these walls. We'll use the catapults to drive them off. Farewell, Assassin!
Altaïr followed the man inside and eavesdropped on his conversation with several crossbowmen.
- Guard: Listen up, warriors! An Assassin is here! He must not reach our fortress! If he gets past you, you'll have to answer to Lord Basilisk directly! Now, a strong arm and a steady aim! Crossbowmen, spread out and hunt him down!
As Altaïr approached a barrel, some of the crossbowmen noticed him.
- Crossbowman: Fire at those tar barrels! They will explode!
Altaïr approached a platform bridge with several barrels of tar placed underneath.
- Altaïr: I should get off this platform... it could collapse any second!
At the end of the bridge, Altaïr came up to a tall wall.
- Altaïr: This wall is too high to climb! But maybe I can do it if I stack those boxes...
Altaïr stacked the boxes, climbed the wall and proceeded to a guarded platform.
- Guard: Block his path! Close the trap! Don't let him activate the switches!
Altaïr killed the guards and activated the switches.
- Altaïr: That's it, the path should be open!
- Guard: He got past our trap! Get him!
After defeating the guards, Altaïr noticed a large gap.
- Altaïr: This will be a tough jump! Especially with the crossbowmen firing at me...
Altaïr crossed the gap and encountered several guards.
- Guard: There's nowhere to go, Assassin!
After slaying the guards, Altaïr noticed a drawbridge, an obelisk and three buttons with pictures on them.
- Altaïr: There must be a way to lower that bridge! And I bet it's connected to that obelisk. I should take a closer look at it!
Altaïr approached the obelisk.
- Altaïr: It says: "When the clouds block the sun...the lightning will purge the unclean...and the path will open for those who are worthy!" Those buttons should be pressed in a certain order!
Altaïr spoke aloud to himself as he stepped on the buttons.
- Altaïr: Clouds... Sun... And lightning! I did it!
Altaïr crossed the bridge and was ambushed by two guards.
- Guard 1: He's cornered!
- Guard 2: Don't let him get to the catapult!
Altaïr defeated the guards and observed the catapult and the distant tower.
- Altaïr: Maybe I could use this catapult!
Altaïr activated the catapult, bombarding the tower and dropping a rafter for him to use to access the snake-filled tower, as well as the courtyard below.
- Guard: He dares to enter our quarters! Get him!
As Altaïr crossed another courtyard via rafters, he heard a guard shout.
- Crossbowman: Crossbowmen! Take him down! Bring him down now! Don't let him escape!
Altaïr crossed the rafters and made it down into another courtyard with two more guards.
- Guard: This is the end of your world, Assassin!
Altaïr killed the guards and noticed the giant map puzzle under his feet.
- Altaïr: It looks like that closed door is connected to this map! I wonder if I can put it back together!
Altaïr stepped on the switches and solved the puzzle.
- Altaïr: And... Success... The door is now open!
Altaïr entered the fortress and found several guards waiting for him, as well as a crossbowman on a raised platform.
- Guard: Hmm... It seems I underestimated you, Assassin! That's a mistake I won't make again... Guards, kill this creature!
There's nowhere to go, Assassin!
Attack him, you fools!
With the platform lowered, Altaïr slayed the crossbowman.
- Altaïr: Be sure to prepare your excuses, crossbowman! From now on you will start to pay for your deeds...
Altaïr left the room and headed across a bridge. As he was making his way over, he noticed a man at the top of the tower.
- Student: Welcome to our humble home, Assassin! Go right ahead! My master will see you now!
Altaïr went inside the tower and met the Master.
- Master: Well, Assassin, you've managed to overcome all my obstacles! The more I think about it... Our order needs men of your talent! Why fight when we share the same creed?
- Altaïr: Join the Templars? To dress myself in strange garb?
- Master: Sounds like a refusal. But I'll give you some more time to think about it! And... my guards will keep you company during this time! Guards, get him!
Altaïr defeated the guards and observed the platform the Master used to escape.
- Altaïr: That central platform is connected to those counterweights!
Altaïr pulled the levers, lowering the counterweights, as well as the platform. After he got on, the platform raised to the top level, where the Master was waiting.
- Master: So... How about my proposal, Assassin?
- Altaïr: You already know the answer!
- Master: Then I guess it's time to put some sense in you!
Altaïr and the Master fought. With enough damage sustained, the Master ran out the door.
- Master: Well, you're stronger than I expected... Guards, delay the Assassin!
Altaïr killed the guards and followed the Master. As he made his way around the tower, Altaïr noticed flags he could use as beams to proceed.
- Altaïr: Those flags look a bit old... They could break at any moment!
Passing the flags, Altaïr looked up the tower, noticing a dangerous path with spinning blades.
- Altaïr: This looks like the only way up! I'll have to be careful about those blades!
On his way back down a different side of the tower, Altaïr noticed two sleeping guards.
- Altaïr: Those guards haven't seen me...
Altaïr made his way down the tower side and assassinated the guards. After dealing with them, Altaïr entered the tower, arriving at a jail room.
- Student: My master asks you one last time, Assassin! Join us... or join our prisoners!
- Altaïr: I don't believe in threats, Templar puppet! Especially your threats!
The Student attacked Altaïr, only to be defeated. Altaïr left the jail and fought his way up the outskirts of the tower, reaching the Master.
- Master: So... you've managed to get this far! No matter... You will go no further!
Altaïr and the Master fought again, the Master fleeing a second time.
- Master: I'll leave you to my guards... For now!
- Guard: We're here, master!
Altaïr killed the guards and entered the tower, arriving in a puzzle room.
- Master: You've proven your strength, Assassin... Let's see if your wits help you get past my traps!
Altaïr solved the room and followed the Master out onto the balcony.
- Altaïr: This is it! There's nowhere to run now! And none of your guards to protect you... I need the map you are holding, Templar.
- Master: Enough of this! So, you've destroyed half the fortress to get to me...
- Altaïr: To the map, Templar, not you.
- Master: You almost broke my heart when you said that... And it will be just that much more enjoyable to watch you die!
Altaïr and the Master fought once again, finally resulting in the Master's death. Altaïr approached the center of the balcony, which housed the map he sought.
Altaïr acquired the map to the desert temple.
Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles Memories
|Coming Home - The Hunt Begins - The Dancer - The Red Hospital - The Hidden Party - Kill the Killers - Temple of Sand - Great Angry Wall - Flow of Poison - The Running Wind - The Chalice - Snake Heart - Always an End|