Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Originally from Scotland, Cooper had been animating a variety of character and story-heavy videogames since 2000, before which he spent his formative years animating sprites and gaining a Bachelor’s Degree in Design & Animation from the University of Dundee (1996 – 2000). Cooper began his animation career in the computer game industry with the aim and ambition of bringing this medium into the public consciousness as the most formidable cultural art-form of the time. Cooper noted that his passion lay not just in individual animations themselves, nor even just within the discipline of animation, but how animators and designers worked cohesively as a team to bring amazing worlds and stories to life.
In 2004, Cooper moved to Alberta, Canada, to work at BioWare, assuming the role of Lead Animator on Mass Effect and later moved to Montreal to lead the animation team on Deus Ex: Human Revolution. In 2008 he was called back to BioWare to start the Montreal studio, creating the Mass Effect 2 cutscenes. It was this drive and passion that Ubisoft sought and he gained a position as Animation Director at Ubisoft Montreal directing the animation for its most ambitious project at the time, Assassin’s Creed III.
- Animation Director, Assassin’s Creed III, Ubisoft
- Lead Animator, Mass Effect 2, BioWare Montreal
- Lead Animator, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Eidos Montreal
- Principal Lead Animator, Mass Effect, BioWare
- Cinematic Animator, Jade Empire, BioWare
- Lead Animator, NARC, VIS Entertainment
- Animator, Tom & Jerry, VIS Entertainment
- IP creation and refreshing.
- In-game and cinematic animation creation and direction, both motion-capture and keyframe.
- Designing and creating animation systems for gameplay and story, player controls, cameras and procedural content generation.
- Building and maintaining realistic schedules that track thousands of assets throughout development to completion, ensuring milestones and dependencies are met.
Sample animation directionEdit
- Jonathan Cooper s professional profile at Yatedo.