- "With this [...] a simple carpenter turned water into wine."
- ―Al Mualim, on Jesus' use of an Apple of Eden, 1191.[src]
Jesus of Nazareth (7-2 BCE – 30–33 CE), also known as Jesus Christ, is one of the central figures of Christianity. He is viewed as the Messiah foretold in the Old Testament, believing him to be the son of God who was raised from the dead and ascended into Heaven.
His most prominent work was the performing of grand miracles, and sacrificing himself to cleanse the sins of all humanity. Christ's miracles were granted from the powers of the Shroud of Eden, one of the Pieces of Eden. The Templars eventually learned of the source of his powers and had him crucified, with the sole purpose of obtaining the Shroud.
- Al Mualim asserted that Jesus Christ used an Apple of Eden to "turn water into wine".
- The actor Pietro Rossi played the role of Jesus Christ at the Colosseum Passion Play.
- Throughout Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag a number of individuals use the period-specific "Jaysus" as a mild profanity; Jaysus was a popular spelling of the name "Jesus" during the 17th and 18th centuries.