Ezio returned to his home, after delivering the letters his father had given him.
- Ezio: Father? Federico?
He began to worry when no one answered, and after hearing a quiet noise behind him, Ezio moved just in time to avoid a vase from hitting him.
- Annetta: Oh! Ser Ezio! (Sir Ezio!) Thank God!
- Ezio: What happened? Where is everyone?
- Annetta: They took your father and brothers to the Palazzo della Signoria– to prison!
- Ezio: And my mother? My sister?
Claudia called from inside.
- Claudia: Ezio...
- Ezio: Claudia! Are you alright?
- Claudia: Yes. But mother...
- Annetta: She's in shock. They... When she resisted...
- Ezio: It's not safe here. Is there a place you can take them?
- Annetta: Yes. Yes! To my sister's.
- Ezio: Good. Do that. In the meantime I'll go see my father.
- Annetta: Be careful Messer Ezio! The guards were looking for you as well.
Ezio made his way to the Palazzo della Signoria without attracting any attention to himself, and then climbed the prison tower to find his father.
- Giovanni: Ezio!
- Ezio: Father! What's happened?
- Giovanni: Took a bit of a beating, but I'm alright. What of your mother and sister?
- Ezio: Safe now.
- Giovanni: Annetta took them?
- Ezio: Yes... Wait. You knew this would happen?!
- Giovanni: Not the way it did... And not this soon. It doesn't matter now.
- Ezio: What do you mean? Explain!
- Giovanni: There's no time. Listen closely: Return to the house. In my office is a hidden door. Use your talent to find it. Beyond lies a chest, take EVERYTHING you find inside. Much of it may seem strange to you, but all of it is important. Do you understand?
- Ezio: Yes.
- Giovanni: Good. Among the contents is a letter – and with it some documents. I need you to take these documents to Messer Uberto. He was with me in the office this morning.
- Ezio: The Gonfaloniere. I remember. Now please – tell me what's happening. Are the Pazzi behind this? There was a note at the pigeon coop. It sai–
They were interrupted by the sound of the door opening behind Giovanni's cell.
- Giovanni: Go Ezio! Go now!
Ezio spoke with his father through a prison window, and then left to find the chest in Giovanni's study, as his father commanded.
- Despite Ezio making mention of the pigeon coop letter, and presumably having read it himself due to his dialogue, the player never gets to see it at any point. The reason for this is unknown.
- This memory is one of the few instances in the series where Eagle Vision is mentioned (albeit indirectly) by another character in the game.