Do not swim.
- Ezio: Cut him down.
- Pietro: This was not in the rehearsal!
Two recruits threw knives at the rope holding Pietro to the cross. Ezio lifted him from the ground as he appeared too weak.
- Ezio: Hold off the guards.
- Mercenary: Ezio, we are here to help!
- Ezio: Stop the guards!
- Pietro: Who are you?
- Ezio: Your savior.
Ezio got Pietro to a doctor near the Colosseum.
- Ezio: He has been poisoned.
- Brunelleschi: That pallor. Cantarella. Drink this.
He gave Pietro a vial.
- Ezio: Hurry!
- Brunelleschi: Give him a moment.
A short time later.
- Pietro: I feel slightly better.
- Brunelleschi: Leeches will lead to a full recovery.
- Pietro: I cannot thank you enough. I---
- Ezio: The key to the Castel Sant'Angelo. Now.
- Pietro: What are you talking about? I'm simply a poor actor--
- Ezio: Cesare knows about you and Lucrezia.
- Pietro: Here.
The thief started to run away, and ordered the nearby guards around the Colosseum to attack Ezio. However, he was able to avoid the guards, and continued to chase the thief, eventually tackling him.
- Ezio: Why did you run?
- Paganino: I--
Paganino pierced himself in the throat with Ezio's blade.
- Ezio: Merda! I was right. I have to stop La Volpe before he gets to Machiavelli.
Ezio hurried to Tiber Island to stop La Volpe from killing Machiavelli. When he reached La Volpe, he was ready to strike Machiavelli from behind, but Ezio quickly approached, and stopped him.
- Ezio: I have discovered the traitor.
- La Volpe: What?
- Ezio: One of our men, he was at the Villa attack. Here, he carried this letter.
- La Volpe: My God!
- Machiavelli: This is good news.
- Ezio: More than you know.
- La Volpe: I am once again in your debt, Ezio.
- Ezio: What debt is there amongst friends who trust one another?
- La Volpe: Yes. Thank you for relaying the message in time.
La Volpe turned to Machiavelli.
- La Volpe: Come Niccolò, it has been far too long since we've talked.
- Machiavelli: I heard the Colosseum Passion Play took an unexpected turn this evening.
- La Volpe: Really?
- Machiavelli: It seems Gesù Cristo was resurrected three days early.
Ezio obtained the key to the Castel Sant'Angelo, and the traitor who had been informing the Borgia of the Assassins' every move was killed. He also regained La Volpe's trust.