Altaïr approached the herald and listened to his speech.
- Herald: We are too soft with our enemies. With one hand we engage them, while the other tries to embrace! What good can come of this, when our King cannot decide what he truly wants? But William knows, if you would only listen! Stand up, friends! Do not allow yourselves to be sent to slaughter based on whims and wishes of an uncertain King! We must rely on men, who are stronger in their convictions! Men like William of Montferrat!
After the speech was over, Altaïr followed the herald and beat him up until he yielded.
- Herald: Stop! Enough, enough! What is it you want? Gold? I've a few pieces on me. Take them! Take them and go!
- Altaïr: It's not gold I seek, but information.
- Herald: I know nothing!
- Altaïr: You know William. Tell me how to reach him.
- Herald: It's impossible! He meets with the King!
- Altaïr: And when will the King be gone?
- Herald: Today. But it won't help you. They're sure to argue, and then William will retire to lecture the soldiers; so it always goes. Richard berates William, William berates his men. He won't see you.
- Altaïr: I already told you, I need to see William. I never said he needs to see me.
- Herald: Then our business is done.
- Altaïr: Not yet, I'm afraid. There's one last thing I need from you.
- Herald: What is it?
- Altaïr: Your life.
Altaïr then stabbed the herald in the stomach with his Hidden Blade, killing him.
Altaïr learned that William would be distracted by King Richard's visit.