Altaïr approached the herald near the Jerusalem's gates and listened to his speech.
- Herald: These are troubled times, in which we live. Food is scarce, money tight, but it need not be this way! There are opportunities, for those with the courage to seize them! You need no longer go without! Any man willing to work, can have his due! Come, speak with me! Let me tell you what Talal can offer. The comforts of a fine life, can be yours. Talal understands your pain. What you lack, he will provide. All that is asked, is an honest day's work. A small sacrifice, for great rewards. Who knows what the future holds? What tragedies tomorrow may bring. Defend against an uncertain future, protect the ones you love. Work hard, and you will be rewarded - Talal provides!
After the herald's speech was over, Altaïr followed him to a secluded location and beat him into submission.
- Herald: I have nothing to say to you!
- Altaïr: Speak to me, or speak to God. It's your choice.
- Herald: You won't stop the work he does. Cannot stop it!
- Altaïr: What work?
- Herald: He prepares them, for the journey.
- Altaïr: Journey where?
- Herald: They are held in his warehouse. And when the time comes, they are sent to Acre.
- Altaïr: Where is this warehouse? And why Acre?
- Herald: Talal tells me what I need to know, nothing more. It is safer that way.
- Altaïr: For him, perhaps. Though not, I fear, for you.
Altaïr then stabbed the herald in the stomach with his Hidden Blade, killing him.
Altaïr learned that Talal held his slaves within a warehouse, and sent them to Acre later on.