Altaïr approached the herald and listened to his speech.
- Herald: The Acre port is now under the jurisdiction of Master Sibrand, exalted leader of the Knights Teutonic! All crew members are to be turned over to the Order for conscription into the fleet! By order of Sibrand, all merchant vessels must be turned over to the Teutonic Order! Clear out your cargo! Ship deeds must be presented to the court of a chain, by midday tomorrow! No exceptions, no delays! All docked vessels must be cleared of crew and cargo! Captains are to present themselves to a representative from the Teutonic Order for reassignment! Any attempt to maintain possession of a claimed vessel, will be punished severely!
Once the speech was over, Altaïr followed the herald, before beating him into submission.
- Herald: It's not my fault, I'm only following orders! If you want your ship back, speak with the court!
- Altaïr: That's not what I'm after.
- Herald: Then what?
- Altaïr: Sibrand's claimed near a hundred ships. For what purpose?
- Herald: A blockade. They're to sail for open water, and establish a perimeter.
- Altaïr: For what? Does Salāḥ ad-Dīn intend to strike from sea?
- Herald: No, it's not he we defend against, but ships from home! To deny Richard more troops!
- Altaïr: Why would one of Richard's own want to see him weakened in this way?
- Herald: I don't know. Ask Sibrand, they're his orders, I'm just meant to carry them out. Now, please, let me go, I've told you all I know.
- Altaïr: I'm sorry. I cannot risk you telling him I'm here.
Altaïr then stabbed the herald in the stomach with his Hidden Blade, killing him.
Altaïr learned that Sibrand intended to create a naval blockade.