The Inner Sanctum of the Templar Order, also known as The Nine, is a group made up of the best and brightest members of the modern day Templar Order. The nine Master Templars comprising the Inner Sanctum held the highest positions within Abstergo Industries and its subsidiaries and theorically have full awareness of all Templar plans.
Any major decisions made by the Inner Sanctum was reviewed by the Guardians before passing them on to the General of the Cross for approval. The Inner Sanctum was also in charge of supervising the Grand Masters of all around the world, overseeing them and keeping their number under strict control.
The secret and feared inquisitors of the Inner Sanctum, the Black Crosses, enforced the Templar Code under the Nine's authority. The Sanctum giving them the authority to use any means necessary, even deadly force, to root out any corrupted members, from novice to Grand Master, from the various rites of the Order.
- Dr. Warren Vidic - Research, Animus Project (deceased)
- Daniel Cross - Operations, Abstergo (deceased)
- Otto Schmidt - Operations, Lineage Research and Acquisition (deceased)
- Isabelle Ardant - Operations, Historical Research Division (deceased)
- Dr. Alan Rikkin - Abstergo Industries Chief Executive Officer (deceased)