Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
After Antonio's thieves had set up bonfires for the Flying Machine and with time growing shorter, Ezio Auditore finally decided to fly across the night skyline of Venice to rescue the Doge from a Templar murder plot.
Ezio used the aid of the bonfires to increase his speed and altitude whenever it became necessary to do so, and reached the Palazzo Ducale. Unfortunately, Ezio was too late, and the Doge had already been poisoned by Carlo Grimaldi, who then attempted to flee. Ezio chased down and assassinated Carlo afterwards.
- Leonardo: It's time. You did it! It's beautiful!
- Antonio: Sì (Yes)! Now let's hope your idea works. Because we're nearly out of time.
- Leonardo: Listen closely Ezio, you're going to want to fly from fire to fire. The heat of each one you pass over should lift you back up into the air.
- Ezio: Bene (Good).
- Antonio: Be careful! There's archers out on the roofs tonight. Avoid those arrows, or it'll be a short trip.
- Ezio: I wish there was some way for me to use my sword while flying this thing.
- Leonardo: Well... you do have your feet free. If you get close enough without taking an arrow in the head, maybe you could kick them off the building?
- Ezio: Nice.
- Antonio: It's now or never, amico mio (My friend).
Ezio leapt of the roof with the flying machine.
- Guard: Ma cosa (What the)?! Shoot! Shoot the flying demon!
Ezio landed on the roof of the Palazzo Ducale.
- Mocenigo: What was that?!
- Carlo: Probably just kids with firecrackers. Come, it's your move.
Ezio jumped through the window.
- Ezio: STOP! Signore, don't drink that!
- Carlo: You're too late, the Doge is dead.
- Mocenigo: What? Carlo...?
- Carlo: Apologies Signore, but you should have listened to me when you had the chance. Seems you failed, Assassin.
- Ezio: Forgive me, Signore. I tried...
- Mocenigo: Why...? What was it all for...?
Carlo ran out into the courtyard.
- Carlo: Assassino! Assassino! He's killed the Doge! The Doge is dead!
Ezio assassinated Carlo.
- Ezio: It takes one Assassin to kill another, it seems.
- Carlo: We kill thinking it's best for us, do we not, Messer (Sir) Ezio?
- Ezio: I do this not for myself. Compio questo sacrificio per il bene superiore. (I make this sacrifice for the greater good.) Requiescat in Pace. (Rest in peace).
Mocenigo stumbled out into the courtyard.
- Mocenigo: You... You killed me. You killed ME!?
Mocenigo dropped dead.
Ezio assassinated Carlo Grimaldi, but the Templars succeeded in killing Doge Mocenigo.
- In the cutscene where Ezio abandons the burning Flying Machine, a Brute and a Seeker can be seen on the rooftop, despite the fact these two guard types could not freerun.
- In the official E3 gameplay of Assassin's Creed II, the memory took place during Carnevale and lacked the assassination of Doge Mocenigo.