Having recruited all the allies that Reginald Birch had proposed, Haytham devised a plan to infiltrate Southgate. Working with his allies, he planned to kill Silas Thatcher and free the slaves that were being held in the fort.
- Haytham: Gentlemen. I believe I've found the solution to our problem. Or rather, Odysseus has.
- Thomas: Ody-ooh? 'E a new guy?
- Charles: The Greek hero, you lobcock.
- Haytham: Allow me to explain. We enter Silas' fort under the pretense of kinship. Once inside we spring our trap, free the captives, and kill the slaver.
- Thomas: Dodgy dodgy. I like it.
- Haytham: Then let us begin. First we need to find ourselves a convoy...
The group then set out to find a convoy, eventually finding one carrying several prisoners.
- Haytham: The convoy should be here soon. We'll attack on my signal.
- Charles: Understood, sir.
- Haytham: If we time this right, we can catch them all unawares...
- Redcoat: The hell is this?
- Thomas: A thousand pardons, sirs - seems we've 'ad ourselves an unhappy little accident.
- Redcoat: Get it sorted - and quickly.
- Thomas: Course, m'lord. At once.
The group then attacked the Redcoat patrol, killing everyone and taking their clothes.
- Haytham: Charles - you and William will serve as vanguard. Let no man reach us.
- Thomas: Wot about me?
- Haytham: You and John will follow from a distance and keep watch over us. I'll signal you when I have need of your services.
Haytham climbed on the cart next to one of the prisoners and spurred the horses.
- Haytham: We're here to help you - along with those held inside Southgate Fort.
- Kaniehtí:io: Free me.
- Haytham: Not until we're inside the gate. I can't chance an inspection at the gate going wrong. I'll see you safe. You have my word. Do you know anything of Silas' operation? How many men we might expect? The nature of their defenses? ... You must be rather important to him if you were given your own escort...
- William: Sir - we've enemies ahead. Shall I engage them?
- Haytham: No. Let Jonathan and Thomas take care of it.
- William: As you wish.
- Haytham: (to Kaniehtí:io) I wish you'd trust us... Though I suppose it's only natural for you to be wary. So be it.
The group continued towards the fort, killing all the Redcoat checkpoints they encountered on the way.
- Redcoat: Hold!
- Haytham: Evening gentlemen.
- Redcoat: State your business.
- Haytham: Delivery for Silas.
- Redcoat: Go on, then.
Haytham drove the cart through the main gate and freed Kaniehtí:io.
- Haytham: See? I'm freeing you just as I said I would. Now if you'll allow me to explain-
Kaniehtí:io ran off.
- Haytham: Let her go.
- Thomas: But she'll give us away.
- Haytham: No she won't.
- Charles: What's the plan?
- Haytham: Free the captives and avoid detection.
- Benjamin: What of Silas?
- Haytham: He dies.
Haytham freed all the captives without being detected by the guards.
- Silas: An hour of quiet was all I asked. Instead I'm awakened not ten minutes later by this cacophonous madness! I expect an explanation - and it had best be good! How?! How did this happen!? My precious merchandise set free?! It's unacceptable! Rest assured I'll have the heads of those responsible! But first... first we clean up this mess! Seal the fort. Kill any who try to escape. I don't care if they be one of us or one of... them. To approach the gate is to be made a corpse! Am I understood?
Haytham then went to confront Silas, along with Benjamin Church.
- Haytham: Benjamin! Glad to have you with us! I could use some help!
- Silas: Who are you?
- Haytham: Name's Haytham Kenway. You don't know me. But I believe the two of you are well acquainted...
- Benjamin: I made a promise to you, Silas - one I intend to keep.
Benjamin then shot Silas, ending the siege on the fort and allowing all slaves to be freed.
- Charles: What happens now?
- Haytham: We wait. Though not for very long, I suspect...
Haytham and his allies managed to free the slaves held by Silas, killing the general in the process. They then start waiting, hoping for the freed slaves to contact them with information about the amulet.