Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Honor, Lost and Won|
Perform an air assassination on Tarik.
Ezio followed the Janissaries, wearing his slightly damaged disguise.
- Janissary 1: Selim understands our plight. The Byzantines, the Mamluks, the Safavid. Only he has the courage to face these threats.
- Janissary 2: Haklisin. (You speak truth.) Selim is a warrior. Like Osman and Mehmet.
- Janissary 1: So why has our Sultan chosen a cat over our lion?
- Janissary 2: Ahmet shares the Sultan's calm temperament. They are too much alike, I fear.
- Janissary 1: Why does Ahmet linger in this city? He knows he is not wanted.
- Janissary 2: He is like a moth hovering around an open flame. Waiting for his father to perish so that he may step to the throne.
- Janissary 1: Did you hear? He offered Tarik a sum of money in exchange for our loyalty.
- Janissary 2: God damn him. What did Tarik do?
- Janissary 1: He spent half the money on horse feed and sent the rest to Selim!
The group arrived at the Janissaries' camp.
- Guard: Khardeshlerim! (Brothers!) One of our own was found murdered and stripped of his garments not an hour ago, his body dumped like a mound of rubbish. Keep a close watch on these streets as you move about. Someone is planning to strike in our name. We must be ready.
Ezio infiltrated the camp, and overheard several Janissaries talking.
- Janissary 3: Any news from the north?
- Janissary 4: Selim's forces have fallen back to Varna. Heavy losses I am told.
- Janissary 3: Olacak shey degil, oye degil mi? (Incredible, isn't it?) I pray for a swift conclusion.
- Janissary 4: Yes, but in which direction?
- Janissary 3: I cannot say. My heart sides with our Sultan, but my head hopes for Selim.
Ezio then eavesdropped on another group.
- Janissary 5: Have you met Selim's young son, Shehzade (Prince) Suleiman?
- Janissary 6: Not personally, but I have seen him. I know he is a remarkable boy.
- Janissary 5: Not a boy, but a capable young man. With a magnificent mind.
- Janissary 6: Does he take after his father?
- Janissary 5: Belki. (Perhaps.) Though I suspect he is another sort of man altogether.
Finally, Ezio listened in on a third pair.
- Janissary 7: Sultan Bayezid is a good man, and a kind Sultan... but he has lost the fire that made him great.
- Janissary 8: No, no. He is still a fighter. Look at the army he has raised against Selim.
- Janissary 7: This is further evidence of his decline. To take up arms against his own son? Shameful.
- Janissary 8: Do not bend the truth to match the contours of your passion, efendi (sir). It was Selim who attacked our Sultan.
- Janissary 7: Evet, evet. (Yes, yes.) But Selim did so for the glory of the Empire, not himself.
Ezio reached the center of the camp and oversaw Tarik meeting with a Janissary.
- Janissary: Tarik. A message for you.
- Tarik: Harikulade. (Perfect.) The rifles have arrived in Cappadocia, where Manuel has garrisoned his army.
- Janissary: And our men, are they still with him?
- Tarik: Evet. (Yes.) They will contact us when the Byzantines decamp, then we will meet them when they reach Bursa.
- Janissary: Everything is falling into place, efendim (my Lord).
- Tarik: Evet. (Yes.) For once.
Ezio assassinated Tarik from above.
- Tarik: Ah, what a bitter irony. Is this the result of Suleiman's investigation?
- Ezio: You collude with the Sultan's enemies. What did you expect would come of such treachery?
- Tarik: I blame myself. Not for treason, but hubris. I was preparing an ambush. Preparing to strike the Byzantine Templars where they felt safest.
- Ezio: What proof do you have of this?
- Tarik: See here. This will lead you to the Byzantines in Cappadocia. Destroy them if you can.
- Ezio: You have done well, Tarik. Forgive me.
- Tarik: Protect my homeland, Assassin. Allah ashkina (In God's name), redeem the honor we have lost in this fight.
The Janissaries surrounding Tarik went to attack Ezio.
- Janissary: Murderer! Kill him!
Ezio managed to escape the Janissary camp.
- Ezio: I am getting tired of this uniform.
Ezio assassinated Tarik Barleti, but found out he was an innocent man, who had tried to track the Byzantines himself, but through different means.