Helix is a cloud-based software developed by Abstergo Entertainment.
A continuation of the Data Dump Scanner, a creation of Álvaro Gramática, the Helix software allowed for accounts of various Templars and Assassins throughout history, with propaganda-based narrations delivered by Abstergo in favor of the former, delivered to the public via a games console-style format at a cheap price. Using the headsets, Abstergo can also collect players' genetic data.
Known Helix memoriesEdit
- The Tragedy of Jacques de Molay: features the Grand Master Jacques de Molay during the dissolution of the Knights Templar and his burning at the stake.
- Triumph of the Borgias: features Rodrigo Borgia in his Papal regalia.
- The Lone Eagle: features Haytham Kenway.
- Murder in the Levant: features Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad.
- The Emperor's Shadow: features Shao Jun.
- Fear and Loathing in Florence: features Ezio Auditore da Firenze.
- Washington and the Wolf: features Ratonhnhaké:ton.
- The Liberation of Lady Aveline: features Aveline de Grandpré.
- Devils of the Caribbean: features Edward Kenway, developed as Pirates of Nightmares.
- The Bladed Cross: features a Roman Assassin during Constantine I's rule as Roman Emperor, set in 330 AD.
- Jazz Age Junkies: features an American Assassin during the Jazz Age, and explores the lives of writers Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald and Gertrude Stein.
- Hell in Hibernia: features an Irish Assassin during the Irish War of Independence.
- A memory featuring an Assassin during the California Gold Rush.
- Showdown in Shanghai: features Albert Bolden, the Templar Black Cross.
Works in progress (c.2014)Edit
In 2014, Abstergo Entertainment was working on a number of Helix programs for development:
- Fallen Heroes Series
- History's Hit Men Series
- They Walk Among Us
- Animus: History's Battleground: multiplayer re-enactments of the American Revolution
- Animus: History's Battleground 2: multiplayer re-enactments of the Golden Age of Piracy
- Dvija A.I.: Monima Das' final film
- White Death: features Nikolai Orelov
- Wounded Dragon, Rising Phoenix: features Shao Jun
- The Sad Lonely Death of Ratonhnhaké:ton
- The Helix menu in Assassin's Creed: Unity presents the user with twelve memories - nine of which correspond to events related to eight real-world Assassin's Creed games - although players can only access The Tragedy of Jacques de Molay.
- The experience starring Edward is seemingly mislabeled as "Devils of the Caribbean", Abstergo's feature film, when the title of their video game adaptation of Edward's memories was "Pirates of Nightmares".
- Abstergo Entertainment’s Helix Navigator used a Hospitalier Antivirus program, referencing the Knights Hospitalier.
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - Database: Álvaro Gramática
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 Assassin's Creed: Unity
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Assassin's Creed Issue #1
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Rogue
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10 6.11 6.12 6.13 6.14 6.15 6.16 6.17 6.18 6.19 6.20 6.21 6.22 6.23 6.24 Assassin's Creed Unity: Abstergo Entertainment - Employee Handbook
- ↑ Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Templars Issue #5