Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Heads Will Roll|
Didier Paton, a spy working for Robespierre, has gathered information on the Templars, but he was betrayed and sentenced to death. Paton's notebook is in Le Chatelet prison, and Paton's headed to the guillotine - you need to get both.
13 November 1793
The Assassins were tasked with the rescue of Didier Paton, a spy that had been betrayed by his employer Maximilien de Robespierre when he discovered the existence of the Templar Order, and the retrieval of Paton's notebook.
- Bishop: The Law of Suspects has started a wave of paranoia. One wrong word and you're a dead counter-revolutionary.
A prisoner addressed a pair of guards.
- Prisoner: Citizen, there's been some error. I am no Royalist!
One of the guards bashed the butt of his rifle into the prisoner's face.
- Guard 1: You have all been named enemies of freedom by your fellow citizens!
- Paton: I have information for Robespierre.
Didier Paton passed the guards, joined Robespierre in his office and pulled out a necklace bearing a Templar cross.
- Paton: Citizen Robespierre, we have enemies among us.
- Bishop: Didier Paton. Patriotic citizen turned super spy.
- Civilian: We have traded one tyrant for the other.
- Bishop: Paton got a little carried away. He ratted out hundreds of Parisians - no crime was too small. He got so good at snooping, he found something he shouldn't have...
The scene shifted back to Robespierre and Paton discussing the Templars.
- Robespierre: And you can identify these citizens?
- Paton: Many, yes. They are not loyal to France. I fear they may control members of our own Government.
- Robespierre: Guards! You truly are a gifted spy, Paton. Perhaps too gifted.
Robespierre then snatched the documents listing the Templar suspects out of Paton's hands.
- Robespierre: Arrest this traitor!
- Paton: You can't do this! No!
Paton was taken away.
- Guard 1: Witness the fate of those who betray their fellow citizens!
- Bishop: Paton has valuable Templar secrets. And he's no good to the Assassins dead. Get to the notebook. Then save Paton.
Paton's notebook is a Who's Who of the Templar Order. You need to get it before it's destroyed. The front entrance is pretty heavily guarded. Maybe look around for a more 'sneaky Assassin' approach.
Arno made his way into the Grand Châtelet and tracked down the warden.
- Bishop: That's the Warden. He's probably got the key with him.
Arno stole the warden's key.
- Bishop: Okay, you've got the key. Now go get that notebook.
Arno retrieved the notebook
- Bishop: Got the notebook. Now's the fun part. Let's go rescue Paton.
Arno made his way to the Hôtel de Ville.
- Bishop: The Assassins have a distraction planned, but there are a lot of Templars here. Take them out first.
Arno killed the three Templars lying in wait.
- Bishop: Here comes the distraction. Be ready to get Paton out of there.
Several smoke bombs were detonated in the plaza, allowing Paton to escape.
- Bishop: It looks like Paton's getting away. Use your Eagle Vision to find him before the Templars do.
Arno followed the tracks left behind Paton and arrived at the Holy Innocents' Cemetery.
- Bishop: Paton must be hiding around here somewhere.
Arno entered the catacombs under the cemetery and found Paton.
- Paton: Well... what can I do for you?
- Bishop: Paton eventually joined the Assassins. Nice rescue.
The Assassins managed to save Paton from execution and retrieve his notebook.