- This article is about the memory of Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad. You may be looking for the Animi Avatar of the same name.
I've done the best I can, but many of my brothers have lost their lives today. Still, were it not for me, even more would have fallen.
Altaïr followed Al Mualim's command and set out to help defending the village of Masyaf from the attacking Templars. As he left the fortress, he met Rauf once again, who told him to keep the attackers distracted so that the others could have time to reach the fortress.
Altaïr left Al Mualim's study and headed for the fortress gates. There, he was intercepted by Rauf.
- Rauf: Altaïr! It's good you've come. We need your help!
- Altaïr: What's happened?
- Rauf: Templars. They attack the village. Most of our people were able to get away. Most... but not all.
- Altaïr: What do you need me to do?
- Rauf: Distract the Templars. Keep them occupied while I rescue those still trapped inside.
- Altaïr: As you wish.
Altaïr made his way through the village, and along the way, Templar Knights attacked him on sight. However, he managed to kill them all as he ran toward the village gates. Just as he arrived there, the battle suddenly broke up as the retreat was sounded, since Templar reinforcements had freshly arrived in great numbers.
- Abbas: Break off the attack and return to Masyaf! Al Mualim commands it!