- Hamid: Welcome, Altaïr.
- Altaïr: Thank you, Hamid. It's good to be back alive.
- Hamid: What do you need?
- Altaïr: I have to find Basilisk.
- Hamid: Well, that could be a problem. We had two men who had access to the Templar's Hold. But they were captured not long ago.
- Altaïr: How do I find them?
Hamid pointed to the nearby wall.
- Hamid: Along this wall, on to the west side of the stronghold's wall. Be careful, the way is very treacherous.
Altaïr made his way along the outside of the wall, before noticing a gap in the wall, impeding his progress.
- Altaïr: I need something to continue this way...
Altaïr noticed a couple crates on a lift higher up.
- Altaïr: Hmm... It seems that I have to remove that weight...
Altaïr removed the crates, causing the lift to raise, lowering a bridge below.
- Altaïr: Now I can pass and move on.
He crossed the bridge and found his way to an entrance in the wall above.
- Altaïr: Finally, a gate! But it seems closed. I wonder where I can open it...
Altaïr used his grappling hook to make his way to the lever, opening the gate.
- Altaïr: Good! But this is only the first step. I'll return to the gate.
Upon entering the gate, Altaïr was met by a crossbowman.
- Crossbowman: Stop where you are!
Altaïr killed the crossbowman and proceeded, meeting more guards along the way.
- Guard: Go! After him!
Altaïr continued, finding his way to a cage and alerting a nearby guard and his prisoner.
- Prisoner: An Assassin! Finally! You have to open the cage! The lever for this one is there!
Altaïr pulled the lever, freeing the prisoner. Upon his return, Altaïr was met by more guards.
- Crossbowman: Attack!
After disposing of the guards, Altaïr spoke with the prisoner.
- Prisoner: Thank you, Assassin. I owe you my life!
- Altaïr: I need a way into the Templar's Hold.
- Prisoner: Straight to the point, eh? My brother can help you.
- Altaïr: Where can I find him?
- Prisoner: In a cage, further down the wall. I'll help you release him.
With the prisoner's aid, Altaïr freed the man's brother. The proceeded to help by lowering a drawbridge.
- Brother: Thank you for releasing me! What is it that you need?
- Altaïr: A way into the Templar's Hold.
- Brother: A fair trade, then. The last gate down this wall. Get the key from the nearby guard to open it. That is your way in. Good luck!
Altaïr made his way toward the key-holder.
- Guard: Stop where you are!
Eliminating the guards, Altaïr continued on, coming to a platform and a few crates.
- Altaïr: I'll use this to raise that platform.
Counterbalancing the platforms, Altaïr crossed over and came upon more guards.
- Guard: Don't let him escape!
After killing the guards, Altaïr pickpocketed the key-holder and opened the door to the Templar's Hold.
- Altaïr: The Templar's Hold, at last. Basilisk should be around here somewhere... That ladder should lead me onto the rooftops. I will be safer there.
Altaïr used his crossbow to eliminate the sleeping guards and made his way to the rooftops. Once there, he surveyed the area.
- Altaïr: The boxes, their weight is keeping the other platform raised...and I must be careful of that man too!
Altaïr removed the weight, made his way across the platform and interrogated a guard.
- Guard: Stop it! I'll tell you everything!
- Altaïr: Where is Basilisk?
- Guard: Eastward, you'll find him somewhere around the city gate.
- Altaïr: That's a bit too open for my taste. Narrow it down.
- Guard: I can't The man is driven by a thousand crazy horses, always moving, always poking around.
Altaïr left the man and arrived at the city gate.
- Altaïr: Basilisk!
- Basilisk: You survived?! How interesting and challenging, Assassin. Men, don't let him pass! Close the gates! Come, fight me!
Altaïr made his way down to Basilisk, engaging and defeating him in battle.
- Basilisk: A lucky hit, Assassin. It'll put me on the run, but not for long. Curse you, Assassin!
- Altaïr: I must hurry if I'm going to catch Basilisk! Templar archers, better be careful! And a trap that blocks my path. Maybe that handle stops it.
Altaïr navigated his way through the courtyard and pulled the lever.
- Altaïr: Now I can pass through.
Altaïr scaled the wall and traversed the rooftops until he reached a gate.
- Altaïr: A closed gate. There must be a way to open it. These boxes should serve the purpose well enough.
- Guard: There he is! Catch him now!
Altaïr pushed the boxes onto the switches, opening the gate and allowing him to proceed.
- Guard: He's here! Kill him!
After dealing with the guards outside, Altaïr finally caught up with Basilisk.
- Altaïr: Basilisk!
- Basilisk: You! Following me everywhere, it's getting tiresome!
- Altaïr: Come, I'll end this forever!
Altaïr and Basilisk fought, resulting in the former's victory.
- Basilisk: Wait! Stay your hand and listen.
- Altaïr: What do you want?
- Basilisk: I'll offer you two pieces of information for sparing my life. The first one is the location of the Chalice.
- Altaïr: Go on, I'm listening.
- Basilisk: Jerusalem, in Don Carvaggio's villa. The second one is about the city of Acre.
- Altaïr: What about it?
- Basilisk: We've been laying siege to it. But it's growing tiresome and...
- Altaïr: And?
- Basilisk: ...there's a plan to poison every water source in the city. Everyone will die. The city will be empty before sunrise. I think it's a challenge worthy of an annoying Assassin such as yourself. Stop the poison plot in Acre. Then run to Jerusalem for the Chalice. All before I get to the Chalice, of course.
- Altaïr: ...I'll accept, but I'll also make sure Basilisk doesn't make it out of the city. Okay, it's a deal, Basilisk.
- Basilisk: Good luck, Assassin.
Altaïr exited the Templar's Hold and made his way to the docks.
- Altaïr: I should reach that spot and enter there. That crank seems to be the key...
Altaïr arrived at the docks and surveyed the area.
- Altaïr: ...Basilisk's ships! ...and some Templars... I should use the torches to burn down his ships.
- Templar: Don't let him approach!
Altaïr killed the Templars and set the ships ablaze.
- Altaïr: I'm done here! Now, the poison plot and then the Chalice!
Altaïr burned Basilisk's ships and set out for Acre to stop the poison plot.
Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles Memories
|Coming Home - The Hunt Begins - The Dancer - The Red Hospital - The Hidden Party - Kill the Killers - Temple of Sand - Great Angry Wall - Flow of Poison - The Running Wind - The Chalice - Snake Heart - Always an End|