- Ezio: My name is Ezio Auditore da Firenze... It has been fifteen years since the Spaniard, Rodrigo Borgia, murdered my family and drove me into exile... Since that time I have suffered greatly but learned a great deal more... I am an Assassin... as my father and grandfathers were before me. Compelled by duty to my order, I have set aside my search for the Spaniard to recover an ancient artifact recently stolen from us. My thirst for vengeance is strong... but my responsibility to the Assassins is stronger still.
- Contact: Antonio's been asking for you, Ezio... You should talk to him.
- Antonio: Ezio! I have been singing your praises to this gentleman. He has a proposition for you.
- Luis: I represent a man who has come to Venezia on a foolish errand. I fear his life is in danger, but he refuses to listen to my counsel.
- Ezio: And you want me to protect him?
- Luis: It would ease my mind. Antonio claims you are the deadliest man in Italia.
- Ezio: That's true, But I am not a hired blade.
Ezio turned to leave.
- Antonio: Ezio, let the man round out his request...
- Luis: The gentleman I represent has organized a meeting with someone called The Spaniard...
- Antonio: You see, Ezio... the Spaniard has come to us!
- Ezio: All right, I will protect your friend, but not his business.
- Luis: If that is what it takes to keep Christoffa from harm, so be it.
Ezio agreed to go to Christoffa Corombo to protect him from harm.