Soon after that, Gaspar went to his balcony, where he was unguarded. This made him an easy prey for Ezio Auditore da Firenze, an Italian Assassin who had come to Spain to rescue his fellow Assassins and had been directed to Martínez by Raphael Sánchez.
There, Ezio questioned Gaspar about the imprisoned Assassins, though Gaspar claimed that his dungeons were only for heretics. Gaspar also revealed that one of the Assassins was about to be executed. Ezio then assassinated him, and found out he had a list that featured the names of the other Assassins that had been captured.
- Ezio: I hope we can speak without interruption, Gaspar. Who gave you the names of the imprisoned Assassins?
- Gaspar: What do you mean "Assassins"? Our dungeons are for heretics, not medieval phantoms!
- Ezio: No... Your purge was too systematic to be coincidence.
- Gaspar: Whoever those men claim to be, it won't matter after today. A public burning is about to commence for one of them. A willful young man.
- Ezio: If he dies, I will keep that fire burning until this town is a cinder.
Ezio stabbed Gaspar with his Hidden Blade, finishing him off.