And here we are again, hopefully for the last time. While results from my previous Forum concluded that Sanctum was a popular name change, the singular terms received mixed responses, with multiple alternatives offered. After a brief discussion with our Bureaucrats, The Sexual Dinosaur and Vatty Va'Tata, we decided that Peter Gabriel gave a pretty good suggestion.
The "Bureaucrats" will be renamed to "Mentors".
I was originally against this, because when the newbies join they go hunting for the nearest official to help them, and "Bureaucrat/Administrator" clearly says "person that can help you", while "Mentors" may confuse some of our more idiotic members. But I guess if you can't figure out that Mentors are people who can help you, then you have no business on our Wiki anyway. (Right now we don't have any Administrators who aren't also Bureaucrats, so no title has been decided for plain Administrators. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.)
The singular for the "Bureau" will be "Rafiq", and my title will be changed to "Dai".
I was also against this, and the votes from the previous Forum show that most people agreed. But not all Bureau leaders had attained the rank of Dai, so from an in-universe perspective my idea wouldn't make much sense. And although our system doesn't have to be canon, it may make us look ill-informed. However, my point that Dai is a rank, while Rafiq is a job still stands. So it's a bit of a conundrum, but we'll go with the in-universe one.
- -- 'R BlaiddDdraig Enter. . . THE SCARY DOOR 07:40, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- -- IlMualim Wanna Chat? 07:49, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- This one seems the most sensible to me, and unlike Sanctum, it gives us names for the mods, admins and crats. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs Marvel Studios 08:13, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Looking good. -- ► Kaloneous ◄ ♣HelpDesk♣ 08:51, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- -- Arcemz Something on your mind? 09:08, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Doit. --Kainzorus Prime Walkie-talkie 11:12, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm neutral on the whole Bureau/Sanctum thing, so I'll leave my vote here. Slate Vesper 12:22, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- JFeather 13:06, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- .....--OdranoellutaTalk✲ 13:25, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Nesty Contact me! 14:04, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Aegis like. Aegis speak bad grammar. Get punished. Ow. Aegis RunestoneSpeak to me 18:37, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Assassin75ibn 00:05, June 2, 2012 (UTC)Assassin75ibn
- Sounds good. =GuardDog 02:04, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm in, 100% all the way. DarkFeather Raven's NestRaven's Hunt 03:07, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I was for "Sanctum", but if this one fits for all titles, then I'll give it my vote. Stormbeast The Helpful Place 03:11, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
- ( • ) 11:35, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
- My vote obviously belongs here. Lmao at the Peter Gabriel part! xD ~ Gabriel Auditore Let's talk 14:04, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Wilkommen, mein freund. 14:56, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Will the name "Mentors" still be used in the Apprenticeship? Arcemz Something on your mind? 03:25, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
- It's been about two weeks, has the wiki reached a decision yet? =) ~ Gabriel Auditore Let's talk 05:20, June 15, 2012 (UTC)
- There are some images up now. So, I think the change is final. Aegis RunestoneSpeak to me 18:45, July 1, 2012 (UTC)