After the failed assassination attempt on the Medici family, Francesco de' Pazzi led a group of his guards to take over the Palazzo della Signoria in order to gain control of the city. Lorenzo de' Medici, who survived the encounter, requested Ezio's assistance in killing Francesco.
- Guard: Signore. I saw Francesco lead a battalion around the back of the Palazzo della Signoria. I fear he may be seeking another way in.
- Poliziano: Go! Before it's too late. Do what you can.
Ezio made his way to the palazzo. Along the way he saw the chaos created by the Pazzi in Florence: the Medici and Pazzi guards fighting each other in its streets. When Ezio reached Palazzo della Signoria, Francesco recognized him.
- Francesco: You again!? Why aren't you dead? - Men! Slaughter him!
Ezio made his way to the top of the palazzo and killed the guards protecting Francesco.
- Francesco: Oh! The boy thinks himself a master swordsman. So you've drawn some blood! My men will make short of you!
Desisti! (Stop!) You're only delaying your inevitable and painful end!
What do you think you are proving? That you're loyal servant of that dog, Lorenzo? Death shall be your reward!
I grow tired of this game. Guards, finitelo! (Finish him off!)
After seeing all his guards killed by Ezio, Francesco tried to flee.
- Francesco: Guards—! GUARDS!
- Ezio: No one's coming... It's just us now.
- Francesco: Meledetto! Che il diavolo ti porti! Stammi lontano! (Damn it! Damn you to hell! Get the hell away from me!)
He jumped from the roof and landed into a hay bale below, to which Ezio followed him. Francesco then climbed to the rooftops, trying to avoid the assassin, though Ezio eventually caught up and struck Francesco with his Hidden Blade.
- Ezio: Now Firenze will judge you for what you've done.
- Francesco: It's over... It's all over...
- Ezio: Meglio essere felici in questa vita che aspirare a esserlo nella prossima. (Better to be content in this life, than aspire to it in the next). Requiescat in Pace. (Rest in peace).
The Pazzi supporters were gathered in front of the Palazzo della Signoria.
- Crowd: Libertà! Libertà! Libertà...
Jacopo de' Pazzi joined the crowd.
- Jacopo: Libertà! Libertà! Libertà! Popolo e libertà! (Liberty! Liberty! Liberty! People and liberty!)
- Medici supporters: Libertà! (Liberty!)
The people gasped together when they saw a group hang Francesco's body from the Signoria.
- Jacopo: Francesco...?
Realizing that their plan had failed, Jacopo hastily left the city.