Ezio Auditore came across a Minim monk who was praying for his dead brothers. After questioning him, Ezio discovered that the men were killed by Brother Ristoro, a corrupt priest and an agent of the Borgia. With this, Ezio set off to kill the man, as the monk explained that he could not break his vows.
A Minim monk was addressing a crowd near the Colosseum.
- Monk: Give, and it shall be given to you. For whatever measure you deal out to others, it will be dealt to you in return. These are insightful words... words to live by, yet Brother Ristoro spits at them! Deus omnia videt. We Minims require your donations to survive. In return, we offer you knowledge. A fair trade, but one of us takes advantage! He abuses the trust we have worked so hard to establish! Come and see where your donations have gone! Two of our order slain by their own teacher! Ristoro's innocence bought from the Borgia! God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Ristoro is far from humble! He has broken his vow of poverty! Soiled every promise of purity! He must be held accountable! Deus omnes vel absolvit vel judicat!
Ezio walked up to the praying monk.
- Ezio: How were these men killed?
- Monk: They questioned Brother Ristoro's habits, and now here they are, poisoned.
- Ezio: You question him as well, why do you not fear his wrath?
- Monk A man with nothing fears nothing. I have remained true to my vows. I put my fate in the hands of the divine. Deus asculti.
- Ezio: Your vows keep you from acting, so you seek another to do what you will not.
- Monk: Please understand. I cannot kill.
- Ezio: But I can. Where is Ristoro?
- Monk: He will be at the church. But guards always accompany him.
- Ezio: The Borgia cannot protect him from me.
Ezio located Ristoro and assassinated him from above.
- Ezio: Requiescat in pace (Rest in peace).
Ezio succeeded in eliminating one of the Borgia Templar agents.